July 9th. very anxious

ANGELA G.
on 6/30/04 12:43 pm - PALATINE, IL
I'm so scared of this, I feel like I might back out at the last minute. Help!
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/04 1:06 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have no easy answers for you. I'll be the first to admit that I've been pretty much a freaked out mess the last few weeks. I think that what has been helping me most is rehashing the risks with everyone who has been leading me through this process. All of these people (the lady who drew my blood at my pre-ops, the pulmonologist, the anesthesiologist, the surgeon, the recent post-ops at the surgeon's office...) have reassured me time and again that my risks are relatively low. I know that my risk for complications and death aren't zero, but according to everyone, I am young with a good heart and lungs and should have no problems. It also helped to hear that my surgeon hasn't lost one patient (of his 700 or so), and that the program I am going through (New Start of St. Louis) hasn't lost anyone, either. We have so much to gain with this surgery! Emotionally, it has been a rough road for me. Fortunately, I've been assured that these feelings are normal. I've also come to the conclusion that WLS now (with pre-op testing, consultations, etc.) is a lot better than an emergency open-heart surgery down the road. Not that it's not still possible, but I'm reducing my risks while I'm healthy enough to do something about it. I doubt that any of my words can help you, because fear is a very strong emotion. I just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone!
alli E.
on 6/30/04 1:51 pm - CA
I totally know how u are feeling! Please know this is NORMAL!!! I am on an emotional roller coaster--- thinking about the hospital and ect.... Please do not stress out and I learned that we cannot worry about things that we cannot control.... I am a control freak and it is soooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please know I am here for you!!!!!! I know you will be just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be over before you know it! Go visit the before and after pics on this website that always inspires me! Please reach out to me if you need a friend! I am here for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all in this together!
Christine B.
on 6/30/04 3:47 pm - Cincinnati, OH
WOW! do I know how you feel!...my surgery is july 15th and I go for pre-op testing on the 6th....I am just a mess...I have 5 kids who are ok with this but my husband is so worried hes literally giving himself an ulcer over this..he is so afraid for me....I sit and try to imagine life afterwards..how I will feel....and its just too much...I have to have this surgery..I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and it has totally ruined my right knee...I now need a total knee replacement..but due to the weight and the edema in my legs..they wont operate on it till i lose it..and I can barely walk anymore...so yes i know what your feeling!!!..but trust in our Father in Heaven...he is so wonderful....there is a reason we were all lead to this......if you wanna talk...e-mail me anytime!!!...Take Care and God Bless you...from one fraidy cat to another...lol.....*hugs*...Christine
Sarah C.
on 7/3/04 12:07 am - Cornettsville, KY
Angela--- take a deep breath through the nose-----now, out of the mouth--good..... . Girl, it is a scary thing, but keep it in your mind the benefits of the WLS! That alone is what is keeping me going! I want to be a healthy, happy, hot momma! LOL. I know that WLS is going to change my life, but I am ready for the change. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. You can do this. I know you can!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views