without support from the support group

Frances M.
on 6/30/04 11:26 am - tuscaloosa, AL
Hey everyone. I'm Fran, I am having my surgery tomorrow morning (eep.) The reason I am posting here is that it seems I am not getting answers or support from the support group I am a part of. At MCE (medical center east) in Birmingham, we have a Faces of WLS support group meeting 2 times a month. We also have a message board. Well, I've asked questions and stuff on like, "can I do this.." "can my boyfriend stay with me in the hospital.." etc. And have gotten no answers what so ever. It's so frustrating. At the meeting this Monday (6/28) the pre-ops got in a group with post-ops. Well, my post-op lady seemed rather.. irritated by me? I asked something, and she was just like.. "umm right" and turned to the person next to me (my friend) and started talking to her. It's just so frustrating they say it's an open-arms group and yet, maybe cause I am 20 I am getting pushed away. Sorry to vent here, but yeah, anyway, see you on the other side. Fran lap RNY 7/1/04 current weight: 337lbs. current size: 26/32 goal weight: 160lbs.
kristy D.
on 6/30/04 12:33 pm - Farmers, CA
Hi Fran, I Can't answer any of your questions. I am pere op still but I just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. I am having my surgery july14th. We will soon both be offical losers (yeah)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is watching over you and you are going to do so good tomorrow. take care and keep us posted on your wonderful recovery!!!!
IrishIze
on 6/30/04 1:13 pm - NJ
Hi Fran - sorry I can't answer your questions either, being pre-op, but I sure can let you know that I'll be thinking of you and praying that your surgery is successful and your recovery easy. Please come back when you can and let us know how everything is going. Good luck!!
lsutiger80
on 6/30/04 2:20 pm - Metairie, LA
Fran, I am sorry you haven't been getting the support you need. This is a great place to ask a lot of questions. Use the main messge board and read...read...read... I have gained so much from just "lurking" There are questions and answers from pre and post ops that I would have never thought of. Just yesterday I went to a link from Nancy on the July surgery message board with all kinds of nutrititional guidelines which is just what I needed. I am posting the link below since there is all kinds of extensive info regarding all the types of surgeries. It's from Mt. Sinai hospital but the information is great for anyone pursuing WLS. Hope this helps. I know I sometimes need things spelled out for me and this site does a great job. http://www.sinaiweightlosssurgery.com/documents/nutritionalguidelines.html Rhonda lap-DS 7/7/04
melissaross75
on 7/1/04 3:01 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Hi Fran, what are some of your questions? I have been a "lurker" for awhile and know few people who have had the surgery so I might be able to answer from a second hand point of view (I'm scheduled for 7/13) Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views