Just got my date, July 30

Nancy C.
on 6/30/04 1:34 am - Hersey, MI
I'm so excited. I thought I would have to wait several months for my surgery because my blood sugar A1c test was 7.1 and I was told the anesthetist wanted it down for the surgery. I started on Metformin and my tests are now under 130 most days. Anyway I called MMPC today and I am scheduled for July 30. Dr Foote has his patients go on a 14 day protein fast before surgery. I won't have to worry about high blood sugar on that program or after surgery, thank God especially since the diabetes is not full blown yet. I had determined I would never let myself get diabetes. I would diet it away. Of course it was more than I was able to perform. I needed this surgery. My good intentions weren't enough. My pcp wants me to have this surgery also and sent the paperwork MMPC and Dr Foote wanted from him right away.
IrishIze
on 6/30/04 2:19 am - NJ
Hooray for you, Nancy! Another July baby! This surgery is really a rebirth and that's why I call us babies - someone else mentioned that in a year's time we'll no longer be babies, we'll be BABES!!!
Sharon M G.
on 7/1/04 3:04 am - Radcliff, Ky
Congratulations! We will share the same "birthday" -- we have the same date! We will pull through this and be two more winning losers! Sharon
Donna B.
on 7/1/04 3:36 am - Lake Placid, NY
Congratulations, I just got my date today and I am the day before 7/29. Now it really seems real!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views