Poll: What are you looking forward to?

IrishIze
on 6/29/04 11:41 pm - NJ
After I've had my surgery and have lost a bunch of weight, I'm looking forward to: * Cutting and polishing my own toenails * Tying my sneakers without having to pull my foot up by tugging on the bottom of my pant leg * Walking, jogging for more than a block without back and knee pain * Dancing * Going to a gym without being mortified to be there with all the 'in shape' people * Swimming * Shopping in the REGULAR section of a REGULAR store * Not feeling like my head is a basketball when I get my hair cut and they put on the cape with the tight neck * Having the energy to garden, do housework, and go food shopping - all in the same day! * Not panicking when I go to a restaurant and the hostess shows me to a booth that I KNOW I'll never fit into. * Not worrying if a chair will hold me I've got lots more....how about you???
kellyh26
on 6/29/04 11:58 pm - White Bluff, TN
oh let me count the ways with you!! I want to fit into any chair anywhere any time!! I want to do things without the fear of giving out long before everyone else, the list is endless. Kelly RNY LAP 07/06/2004
IrishIze
on 6/30/04 12:32 am - NJ
Kelly - less than a week for you - how are you feeling? Bet you're excited / nervous, huh? I feel so blessed that I am able to have this surgery and I have the shot at a new and healthy life!
Teri S.
on 6/30/04 12:30 am - Walden, NY
Nancy, Roller coasters!!!! Some I can squeeze into now, but I did have the horrifying experience of having to get off one because I didn't fit.... never again!!!! Whitewater rafting!!! Again, I do it now, but it's a JOB getting out of the raft.... last year it took 2 big guys to help me out.... mortifying!!!! The restaurant booth... more embarassment.... Stairs... Not having to pretend you're not totally out of breath after 1 flight when you walk with someone!!! Bathroom stalls.... were they planned around tiny people?? Ever try to get your a$$ between the door and the seat, and it won't fit until you hide behind the bowl?? Airplane seats.... I always get the window and hope for that extra 4" shoulder room against the window! And I NEVER get up.... I'd love to not feel like I'm taking up half the other person's seat..... acuse I usually am!! Hiking... right now impossible because of my knees... I want to see some of these gorgeous Catskill Mts. from OUTSIDE the car!!! Chasing my kids!!! Right now they know they can get away.... I want to put some FEAR into them!!! Groceries.... can only carry 1 bag at a time up the stairs because of my knees! Trampoline and swings.... I have both in my backyard now for my girls... don't go on either for fear of breaking them!!! I could go on and on!!!! Teri
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/04 1:00 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I look forward to a million different things. Here are some of them: *being able to shop without hunching over the cart to support me *having no worries about ANY seats (breaking them or not fitting) *learning to scuba dive *activities with my daughter (bikes, swim, rollerblading, etc.) *clothing that fits well *no more c-pap machine *walking the dog *going on a job interview and feeling confident, not self-conscious *being able to climb out of the tent when camping *being able to canoe/raft without sinking the boat *horseback riding *not being asked to move my position to "balance" the boat, etc. (Branson Ride the Ducks, for one!) *weighing less than my husband and being able to wear his hockey jersey *not having children say "she's fat," especially in front of my daughter
Heather M.
on 6/30/04 1:11 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Oh, these are things I think about all the time. *Playing with my son. Being able to go the playground with him and climb on the equipment (like my hubby does) and not worry about breaking it. *Relaxed sex with my husband. First I'd like to be able to have sex with him while I'm naked instead of making sure my stomach is covered and worrying the whole time that my nightgown will move and expose my belly. (I even change into my nightgown if we want to catch a quickie while our son is napping so not expose my stomach if the shirt I'm wearing is not long enough. Sad, huh) *Getting our friends hot tub. Now I just sit on the outside and talk with them while everyone else enjoys it. *Take my son to swimming lessons. I'm just too ashamed to even come near a swim suit. *Feel good about my health. *Buy clothes at the Gap & Abercrombie before I start getting looked at strange because of my age and not my size. *Shop at Victoria's Secret. Buy normal bra's and underwear. *Be "girly" again. I think the bigger I got the manly and less girly my clothes got. Well, I could go on but I need to get back to the kids.
sradcli74
on 6/30/04 1:37 am
I want to do all of the above, plus the ones below and many, many more! **No CPAP 1. Reach 250 Pounds 2. Reach 225 Pounds 3. Reach 199 Pounds 4. Reach 175 Pounds 5. Reach 150 Pounds 6. Reach Goal of 140 Pounds 7. Buy Undies from Victoria's Secret 8. Shop at non-plus size stores 9. Buy jeans at the GAP 10. Cross my legs 11. Fit comfortably (with room on each side) in the seats on the rides at Great America 12. Fit comfortably in the center seat of an airplane 13. Wear shorts again 14. Wear a bikini 15. Wear my high-heeled boots (since i've gained so much weight its uncomfortable for me to wear high heeled shoes.) 16. Fit my old shoes that I can no longer wear because my feet have gotten so fat. 17. Have someone flirt with me (I haven't gotten flirts in I don't know when) 18. Wear all those cute clothes that I couldn't part with that are hanging in my closet. 19. Stop takning high blood pressure medicine. 20. Wear clothes without worrying about what part of my body is poking out or looking crazy. 21. Wear clothes without X in the size. 22. Go back to school for something I enjoy. 23. Get up off the floor without having to roll over get on one knee and hold on. 24. Get out of bed without rolling out. 25. Say I can't fit that because its too big.
IrishIze
on 6/30/04 2:15 am - NJ
You know, it's almost sad reading all of these dreams and wishes. Normal size people don't realize how difficult simple everyday things can be for us oversized people. I hope never to forget these difficulties, and do my best to use this tool and not ever get back to being heavy and uncomfortable again. We're so blessed that we now have hope!!
Great_Sphinx
on 6/30/04 8:56 am - Medina, OH
*Shaving my legs and be able to see what I am doing and do it with ease * Being able to keep up with my three kids (ages 8, 4 and 1.5) * Able to do housework... not just laundry one day, one kids room the next... etc * have the kids sit on my lap * Not being stared at when I walk into a public place * Ride roller coasters! * Jog * Walk up steps without being exhausted or hurting my knees * Wipe "where the sun don't shine" easily * No more knee and ankle problems * Buckle the seatbelt without sucking in and forcint it to click (really bad when I am wearing a coat too) * Getting hoots and hollers from passing cars (as opposed to obscene rude comments) I could go on and on with these.
Stacey R.
on 6/30/04 11:10 am - Placerville, CA
I wondered when someone or why someone had not mentioned the dirty deed . . . you know getting to where the sun doesn't shine. Like some one said it is kind of sad that everyday chores are such a chore for some of us. But we will be VICTORIOUS! Stacey
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views