Surgery Date Is July9th-I Need Some Reasurrance!!!

Lisa M.
on 6/29/04 11:05 pm - Altoona, PA
My surgery date is July 9th. I am developing a case of butterflies. If there is anyone out there in "Bypass land" that can give me some words of wisdom and make me feel at ease, I would appreciate it!! I want the surgery and I want to be healthy. This is kindof overwhelming. I cannot imagine being thin. This is like a dream to me...it is so damn close, but then so far away. I have heard about complications and death. Could someone please elaborate on this? I am considered to be healthy right now. I don't have high blood pressure,diabetes,heart problems or anything else that would interfere. I do have a cold though. IM hoping it goes away soon. I am at the count down here. Please help me feel rest assured!!!! Lisa =P
IrishIze
on 6/29/04 11:21 pm - NJ
Hi Lisa, All surgery is risky, but if you are in generally good health, I'm sure you'll be fine. It's very normal to be nervous, and it's also important to know the risks, but I choose not to dwell on them. I'm trying to look past the surgery and concentrate on a few months down the road when I have lost a bunch of weight and I feel like a new person. This surgery has offered me something I haven't had in a long time....hope. Lisa, you are not alone. We are all in the same boat here - my surgery is scheduled for 10 days after yours, and I'm sure I'll be looking to you to fill us in on how things are going. Keep coming here - you'll find a lot of support from people who are going through the same thing as you. Nancy
Mary M.
on 6/30/04 3:05 am - Neverland, CA
Lisa - coincidence or not my surgery is scheduled for July 9th and I am in the same boat. I have a BMI = 65 otherwise perfectly healthy. I choose to think of the positive aspect of this surgery. When I look into a future after the surgery, I see myself as thinner and healthier leading an active happy life. On the opposite side of the coin I look at life without surgery ...feeling of disparity overcomes me for all I see life filled with illnesses accompanied with misery and agony. We have been given a great opportunity to change our future and destiny. I am attaching a prayer for you: O God of all comfort, bring quietness and calm to hearts worried about what the day (future) may bring. Thank you for sending forth the Holy Spirit and for the strength he gives. Teach Lisa to fix her thoughts on you and your love and power. Amen! Mimi M.
bugsmom
on 6/30/04 5:18 am - In Mom's House, CA
Hi Lisa! My surgery is scheduled for July 14 and I, like you, am relatively healthy except for being morbidly obese. I'm scared some days and optimistic and excited others. Just know you're not alone! When I feel particularly anxious I try to do some deep breathing and think about something else. What else can you do? But I think the butterflies are perfectly normal. Hang in there! We'll be fine. Merritt
ANGELA G.
on 6/30/04 12:40 pm - PALATINE, IL
hi Lisa! My date is the same and I also am scared to death. I have to have a filter put in the day before to prevent blood clots, so I'm doubly scared. I hate my life as it is today, being on 12 different medications. That was why I decided to go through this in the first place. Things can go wrong with or without the surgery. But I want a life more than I want to be scared. Just go with the flow and know you're not alone. The outcome may be more than you ever dreamed of. God bless!!
Julaine D.
on 6/30/04 9:45 pm - Dayton, OH
Hi, To Lisa and "All who are in the same boat"! You go girls! I read your messages, and I automatically felt better! I have the same feelings as well Lisa, and I'm a wreck... I just did my pre-op testing and diet class yesterday. Now I'm feeling nervous, scared, anxious, excited, and I just can't seem to get a grip! First of all there was a man in class yesterday that had a July 13 date, but they found cardiac problems at the last minute and his date was moved back to Aug or Sept. Oh My Go****hat is my worst fear of all... Not that something will happen during surgery , ( at my weight BMI 56 I could die of a heart attack tomarrow) but that the day before surgery they'll say " Oh I'm sorry your tests came back and your blood cell count was 100 less than what it should be... Sorry about your luck and we'll have to reschedule you for next December"!!!!!!!! I am not a worrier, but this surgery process has stressed me beyond belief. I'll tell you that without you guys and this web support- I would be lost! I get so much out of you just saying you feel the way I do and you are all going through what I am. The only wisdom I can give would come from having an Illness for so long (Lupus). Women are incredibly strong. We give birth, we take care of our homes and families, have careers, take care of of our older population, and maybe rule the world some day! I have learned through having a long term illness, that you have an inner strength that only things like this can bring out. You just have to find it! Thank you for sharing your fears and hopes, it helps us all to feel like we're not alone... P.S. The prayers from the other responders to this message helped me immensely, and just wanted to say thank you- I needed that this morning! Julaine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views