July 19th Babies -Tuesday Talk!

Deejay
on 6/30/04 4:04 am - Sparks, NV
wow there's alot of us on the 19th hu? I haven't had anything told to me yet except this: Pre-op tests ~ July 12th Pre-op meeting with surgeon for last minute questions or issues ~ July 13th Pre-op class ~ July 14th (this is where I find out everything including what to buy, how much protein, water etc. We also get a 2 yr subscription to our webmd service which lets you journal all your foods and stuff and tells you what more you need etc and if you have a question for your surgeon, he can look at your journal online and answer appropriately.) I really can't wait for this! It took me a year and a half to get approval and I can't belive I'm down to 19 more days. I have a pretty busy July planned before surgery including my triplets' 3rd birthday party and 2 other birthdays in the family. That and all the appts should keep me occupied before surgery. We are almost there you guys! What time is everyone's surgery scheduled? Mine is 1:00pm PST. Hugs to all, Deejay
IrishIze
on 6/30/04 4:47 am - NJ
My surgery is scheduled for 8:30 AM ET. I'm kind of glad it's in the morning - I'm not good at waiting - especially if I can't eat! LOL I'll be glad once they put that mask on my face and I go off to La-La land...and then, when I open my eyes in recovery, I'll know I've made it to the losing side!
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 6/30/04 9:40 am - MD
Mines Scheduled for 7:45 am i have to be there 5:45am.....im so nervous and excited all in one my pre -op class is the 12th and there i will get all the rest of the info i need...i can believe it....thats cool theres a lot of us with the 19th date
Gale P.
on 7/4/04 12:40 am - Salisbury, MD
I'm scheduled for 11:00. i have to be at the hospital at 9:45 to be preped. like you i really don't know what's going on yet. i have my last appointment with the surgeon on thurs the 7th so i guess i'll find out then. from others i have talked to in my local support group i'll go in on the 15th for a cvc filter and pre-op tests and pre-admin. for the surgery. i too can't wait to have this done. i started looking into this a year ago and started the process 6 months ago, so i am READY. i've been doing some of my own shopping for things i think i may need and the poeple have told me i'll need, like chapstick, robe, cd's, etc. the webmd service sounds like a great idea. my surgeon doesn't have that but does have a really good aftercare program. i'll be seeing him monthly after surgery plus attending support group meetings locally. good luck to all the july 19th surgery babies.....lets keep in touch gale
JUNE9K6
on 6/30/04 10:23 am - PAWLING, NY
HI, I TOO AM SCHEDULED FOR JULY 19TH SURGERY - LAPAROSCOPIC RNY. I HAD ALMOST ALL MY TESTS DONE -ALL THAT IS LEFT IS PRE-OP CONSULT WITH MY PRIMARY DR. SOUNDS LIKE EVERY DR. HAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT SETUP....I AM EXCITED NERVOUS AND ANIXOUS ALL AT THE SAME TIME - ALSO IMPATIENT TO GET STARTED AND SEE WHAT IT IS ALL REALLY LIKE ! MY FAMILY IS VERY SUPPORTATIVE AND EXCITED FOR ME ALSO - I WORRY A LITTLE THAT I AM 58 YOA AND IT MIGHT BE MORE DIFFICULT BUT AM VERY EXCITED TO THINK I MIGHT BE ABLE TO THROW AWAY ALL THOSE PILLS/INSULIN AND FEEL BETTER !!!!! I HAVE STARTED STOCKING UP ON DIFFERENT PROTEIN DRINKS THEY HAVE SUGGESTED. AND AM OPEN TO ANY ADVICE FROM POST-OP PEOPLE ! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.....HOPEFULLY WE CAN KEEP UPDATED ON EACH OTHER AND SEE HOW IT GOES.......BE THINKING OF YOU ALL ON MY JOURNEY - NICE TO KNOW I WONT BE ALONE.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views