Nancy from NJ

Teri S.
on 6/28/04 10:52 pm - Walden, NY
So how was your sleep study???? I'm a Jersey girl,too... grew up in Montvale..... so I know Park Ridge and Holy Name in Teaneck.... now I'm upstate NY about an hour from you. My sx is 7/19, too!!!!! I'll be at West Point.... Teri S
IrishIze
on 6/28/04 11:41 pm - NJ
Hi Teri - Thanks for asking about the sleep study. I had myself worried sick! BTW, I work in Montvale! Well, I survived! It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I sure am tired today. I slept, but it was fitful - especially with all of those wires attached! The woman tech was really nice and very helpful. I got there around 9:15 and we did a little paperwork. Then she told me to get in my pj's ( a tee shirt and Garfield flannel bottoms for me!). Then she took me to her office and wired me up. She used this glue on my chin that smelled like airplane glue - had a heck of a time getting that off this morning! I was really tired because I hadn't slept well the night before, didn't take a nap during the day and took a mild tranquilizer around 7 PM. I fell asleep, then she woke me up because one of the things on my leg came loose. Then there was a thunder and lightning storm, and I was in a corner suite with ceiling to floor windows with no shades!! Anyway, I was glad when she woke me at 5:30 - I had made it. She unwired me, I showered and got dressed and hit the road. I stopped off at home to feed the dog and make sure my teenage sons were ok, and off I came to work. I told my boss nothing too challenging today! I'm so glad the study is over with and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!
Teri S.
on 6/29/04 12:48 am - Walden, NY
You made it!!!! Sorry to hear about the storm... we didn't get it here... Glad to hear you even made it to work.... do they know about your surgery? I haven't told anyone except my DH (and the 50 million poeple on this board!!!!)...... one of my biggest worries is my dogs while I'm in the hospital!!!! I have 2 15 year old mini poodles that don't sleep well when I'm not there... Oh yeah, I also have 2 girls, 9 and 12, who sleep fine without me!!! Montvale sure has changed since I grew up there.... I used to walk down Grand Ave. to school ! Now that I'm up here it's like Montvale used to be... but the traffic is getting heavier each year! My parents still live in Montvale, and I visit at least once a month. Pretty town!!! Teri
IrishIze
on 6/29/04 2:25 am - NJ
My boss knows about my surgery and so does one of my co-workers who is also my friend and neighbor. I am so blessed that my boss is super supportive! I've told my parents, one of my nieces that I'm very close with, my sons and one very close friend . That's it. I haven't even told my sister because she's kind of judgemental and who needs it? I'm really debating telling anyone else. I've always been very upfront about things, but with this surgery there is a lot of stigma and judgement passing, and I'd rather not leave myself open to that. I think I'm going to give the idea that I had gall bladder surgery and decided it was time to take care of myself, which is why I'm losing so much weight. I'm sure some people will catch on and there will be murmers and mumblings, but at this point, there are murmers and mumblings about how heavy I have gotten!!! LOL I have two dogs too, Greyhounds. They are five years old (littermates) and love me to death!! I also have two teenage sons, 16 and 18, and they love me, but at this point don't like to show it too much!! Montvale is still a nice town, but it is very commercial with all of the office buildings. I work on Summit Ave.
Teri S.
on 6/29/04 2:58 am - Walden, NY
I used to live on Summit Ave.! Actually I grew up on the other side of town, but rented an apt. in a house by the High School when I was in my early 20's.... small world!!! I often say I'd get the dogs out first if the house caught fire... the kids can get themselves out!!! My dogs are also littermates... I used to breed them when I lived in Fla., but it was too hard to watch the puppies leave, so I kept the last 2 and both parents. Parents are chasing squirrels in puppy heaven, but the 2 brothers are still in pretty good health considering their age!! So are you getting nervous yet?? I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it..... Teri
IrishIze
on 6/29/04 3:47 am - NJ
I have my moments of nervousness. Right at this point, I'm not going to think about the hospital part - that's what gets me nervous. I'm also not going to think about any of the risks. I've made the decision and as soon as I open my eyes in recovery I will be ok. I can deal with the pain of recovery and all that, it's just the anticipation and the fear of the unkown. We'll have to exchange phone numbers so we can check in on each other during our recovery!
yolanda R.
on 7/1/04 4:00 am - millville, NJ
hey am a nj girl too hello to all fom bridgeton god bless you all good luck to all
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views