Surgery set for July 7th! (Only 23 years old will my skin go back?)

jenniferwheeler
on 6/28/04 1:56 am - PA
Hi everyone! My surgery date is set for July 7th!!!!! I can't wait. I've never looked forward to surgery before. *lol* I'm only 23 years old and I am hoping some of my skin will go back and not stay streched out. I'm just wondering if anyone knows any young people that have had the surgery. (Or even if you are young as well)
IrishIze
on 6/28/04 3:08 am - NJ
Congratulations on your surgery date! You have a lot going for you seeing you are so young - much of your skin should bounce back. A lot depends on how obese you are and where you carry your weight. Good luck with you're surgery - you know you have lots of people thinking good thoughts and sending lots of prayers for you!
jenniferwheeler
on 6/29/04 9:20 am - PA
Thank you so much! I can't wait!
alli E.
on 6/28/04 3:08 am - CA
Hey Jennifer! I am having surgery on July 14 and I am 24 (we are the youngins!)!!!!! We are in the same boat! I am hearing from others that we will be fine! Our skin will go back and maybe a little pouchey where are belly is of skin. I am sooo excited! Write me back! Tell me where you are having surgery and where you live! I am in south orange county in CA. How are you feeling? What have you bought so far? What is your pre op requirements??? Keep in touch!
jenniferwheeler
on 6/29/04 9:06 am - PA
Hi Alice, It's nice to talk to another person that is quite young for the surgery. I can't beleive that it's just over a week away *Acctualy one week tomorow* I am having my surgery done at Geisinger Medical center in Wilkes-Barre, PA. (North East Part of PA) I live in a small town called Glen Lyon It's about 15 minutes outside of Wilkes-Barre. I can not wait I am also very excited and just a little bit nervous but I know I will be ok. I was suppose to loose 10% of my weight before surgery but I only lost 24lbs but the Dr. was fine with that so I was thrilled. At last weigh in I was at 309. I have been overweight my entire life and it sucks....I just can't wait to go into a normal store and pick out nice clothes. I am really worried about my extra skin I don't have the kind of money it takes to have PS after the surgery. The parts I am most worried about is my upper arms, thighs and my boobs *lol* I don't want them to sag *S* I will keep in touch...You can also e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to. Take care!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views