July, 15 is the BIG day !

bellh
on 6/27/04 6:09 am - bowling green, ky
July, 15 is the big day. I have been waiting for a long time for this.What all has your doc said about how to get ready for surgery? My doc has not said anything, except not to eat after midnight. I heard that some people even have to diet. One more thing, how are you feeling? I'm worried, happy, jumping for joy, and everything in the middle. I guess that is normal. Heather
alli E.
on 6/27/04 8:39 am - CA
Hey Heather! I am sooo excited! I have to start a liquid diet the monday before surgery at 4 pm... I have surgery on Wednesday July 14. I have to do a bowel prep --- drink this AWFUL stuff to make my insides clean... I have to do an H & P (physical) 7 days prior to surgery and blood, EKG, ect tests at the hospital before surgery. That is it. I am one minute sooo excited and another minute I am frustrated it is like 18 days away and not tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am nervous of the bowel prep and the needles!!!!!!!!!! I hate needles! To top it all off I just got a notice that I have to move out of my APT by Aug 20th. AHHHHH!!! Stressful!!!!!!! What have you bought so far???? Fill me in! I am here for yoU!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/04 9:50 am - PA
RNY on 07/16/04 with
I haven't been told anything, either, other than nothing after midnight the day before. I'm hoping I'll get more instruction when I go for pre-op testing next week. There has been no talk of a liquid diet ahead of time - does everyone have to do that??
Lalocaweta
on 6/27/04 10:16 am - Spicewood, TX
July 15th is my big day too....I meet w/ the surgeon next Friday - so I will knwo then what happens...I know the surgery is at 700am - so all ready figured nothing to eat/drink after midnight on the 14th... As for how I am feeling - I am just ready to get into that operating room and get this surgery done....I am so very prepared for it....
Debra O.
on 6/28/04 2:27 pm - Chino, CA
Hi Heather...My big day is July 14th. I've been on a strict atkins diet for two weeks now, have already stopped drinking carbonated drinks.And I'm drinking protien drinks for breakfast. On July 8th i have to go to the hospital for pre admission stuff, then the day before surgery I have to drink this stuff thats supposed to clean out my bowels, and nothing but liquids the day before surgery. I'm so excited , I've been trying to get this done for over a year now. Good luck to you! Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views