I have a date in Oregon...

Marjoe W.
on 6/25/04 3:03 pm - Medford, OR
My date is July 21st and I have the first surgery slot of the day. Not sure if that is a plus or minus....at least when I get up I won't have to worry about it all day. My surgeon is Dr Flanagan in Eugene,OR. Anyone else having their day in Eugene? I decided to write a journal of my Journey and had quite a few people ask to read it so I do it on line and have about 40+ people who are supporting me with prayer and encouragement. This seems to keep the scarieness of the procedure and what I am doing for myself at bay. I am now on Chapter 12 and have had many responses to my emails both positive and negative...which is OK. My doctor wanted me to start some form of exercise now and since a new office of "Curves for Women" was opening in my town I joined it about a month ago. Today was my measuring and weigh-in day....I have lost over 10" overall and the only bummer is that I gained 4 lbs! The girls are so diplomatic and said that I was gaining muscle!!! Oh well! I have appreciated the posts of everyone else...hope mine helps someone, too....
Tina I.
on 6/26/04 12:26 am - Minot AFB, ND
Good luck on your date. I know what you mean about the muscle vs. fat thing. Everytime I wanted to feel good about myself i would say that. But i have to realize now that it is infact true. I am preop myself with surgery being July 6th and I am trying to watch what I eat now and I have replaced my lunch with protein shakes (mostly to get a taste for what I like prior to going in) and I knwo my scale is not moving but my clothes are just a little looser. Good luck to you, you will be in our prayers. We have a curves here in Minot that I am also thinking of joining. I am hearing very good things about them. Do you recommend them? Tina surgery 7/6/2004 Trinity hosp.
Marjoe W.
on 6/26/04 2:17 am - Medford, OR
Hi Tina, Thanks for the support. I had always poo pooed the idea of going to a weight loss exercise place. I had several times gone to 24HR Fitness and ALMOST signed up, but there were so many people who looked so good and had so much energy and I knew I would not fit in with them. A friend of mine tried "Curves" and talked me into trying it out at least for a week. I enjoy the fact that most of the ladies that are there at the time I go are close to my age, have a weight problem and are struggling with energy. There is bouncy music on all the time and a woman (on the tape) tells you when to change stations. No brainer! Also, I like the fact that it is a Christian run organization and some of the music is Praise oriented. The staff are very friendly and it is a very non-threatening environment. I really think this is a good place and right for me now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views