18 days and a wake up away!!!!!!!!!!

alli E.
on 6/25/04 9:04 am - CA
I cannot believe it! It is almost JULY and then ohmy it is my surgery date! I am really excited and wi**** was like tomorrow! I am most def counting down to this day! I have so far bought measuring items, pill box holder, some vitamins, and spoons. Hmmmmm what else should I get??? Please reply with what you have bought or are going to buy! THANKS! I am here for anyone who needs me! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
melissaross75
on 6/25/04 12:27 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I'm 18 days away also....I guess I didn't even know what kinds of things I should buy. I would appreciate some tips if anyone has anything they can think of that I should buy before hand.
rdt1130
on 6/25/04 10:30 pm - Bristol, TN
My surg is Friday the 2nd, I have got my things ready for the hospital, robe slippers toiletries, I bought the things for my "prep" day, which I also included the best toilet paper, wet wipes, and Desiten, suggested by my friend, she said start using it as soon as you take your first dose of laxative dont wait until you start to burn , I have bought a few protein drinks, carnation sf instant breakfast, crystal light, sublingual vit B12, I dont know what else to get. Im also going to pack my husband a bag because he will not take anything then he will be bored out of his mind, and need snacks and stuff.Have to take care of him too...lol Cant wait though I onlly have a few more days to countdown, I cant believe its finally happening Rebecca scheduled 7/2/04
Wendi P.
on 6/26/04 4:25 am - Hesperia, CA
Lets see, I am bringing a walkman with my favorite CD's, my nephews game boy, some magazines, a book, chapstick, my robe, my make up (If I look better, I feel better) , my own toothbrush, deodrant, etc. I am also having my hair put into to french braids the morning of my surgery, I hate bed head! My own pillow, a big warm furry blanket, I get sooo cold and those sheets just don't cut it. A coloring book and some crayons, I know I'm a grown up kid,lol but my family can only make it the day of the surgery, so the rest of the time I will be alone, and I get bored very easy!!!! Oh yeah, my cell phone too, if i am allowed to use it, if not it has poker on it! I have thought about bringing my nursing books, but I'm afraid if I read them, I will be calling the doc every two seconds, swearing I have the symptoms of a new disease, lol. For afterward I have but some protien powder, apple juice, popsicles, broth, arrowhead water, medical supplies to take care of my incision (gauze, tape, antiseptic) Thats all I can think of right now!
Lalocaweta
on 6/26/04 7:34 am - Spicewood, TX
July 15th is my date and I am not buying anything...Saving the money to buy new clothes...LOL Actually have to buy something to wear in hospital - but saw some "patio dresses" at HEB that are $5.00 each...Figure that is as cheap as I can get... Do plan on buying vitamins and such before surgery - but a friend (who had surgery about 3 months ago) told me to not buy in large quantity any one type of protein shake, vitamin, etc. She said that your tastes can change and it is better to play w/ different protein supplements/vitamins after surgery to figure out what works best for you.
kellyh26
on 6/26/04 9:38 am - White Bluff, TN
Woo Hoo!! I'm 9 days and a wake up after today.. LOL.. I know that you'll do fine. Who will be there at the hospital with you. Do you need an angel, I can get my number to you and post when your out of surgery and how your doing if you'd like to have someone do that just let me know. Thanks Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views