I'm so scared,does anyone have the same date as me???July15,04

Maria A.
on 6/24/04 8:35 am - Chula Vista, CA
Hey there everyone my name is Maria and I'm about 20 days away from my surgery date.All you guys can just imagine all the diffrent emotions I'm going through.One minuet I'm happy the next minuet I'm scared.I know the lord will be by my side,but I'm still so scared.Does anyone have the same date as me???????
alli E.
on 6/24/04 9:39 am - CA
I hear you!!! I am july 14! I am excited and scared! IT is totally normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am here for you!!! please keep in touch! Email me anytime!!!!!!!!!!!
Maria A.
on 6/24/04 9:52 am - Chula Vista, CA
Alice Thankyou for your support.I guess we will be going onto the loosing side about the same time.It's good to see that people do care.So what are you looking foward to once we enter the other side?I can't wait to be able to go shopping for cute clothes.All of my friends are small size,so I hated going with them shopping.They all tell me that I have good taste in clothes,because I always pick out cute clothes for them,can't wait until I can fit into their kind of clothes.Once again thankyou for your reply have a good day and may god bless you always.I will keep in touch.
choeffel
on 6/26/04 4:22 am - cincinnati, OH
I am very scared.I trust my Dr. completly but I have diabetes and I am 55.I know exactly what you are feeling,a million different emotions.Mine is July 9 , good luck and we will all pray for each other,it works,Cindy Hoeffel
MarinaS
on 6/26/04 6:33 am - Small Town, WA
i am diabetic also and 56. I was to have surgery on 21 June, but it was postponed due to failing the heart stress test. Had an angiogram this week and all is well so have been rescheduled for 19 July. Have over 200 to loose and hope I can loose most of it being on insulin and old. Not scared--just wanting to be healther.
bellh
on 6/27/04 6:13 am - bowling green, ky
My date is July15 too. I am right there with you girl.Good luck.Hope to hear back from you. Heather
kellyh26
on 6/24/04 11:10 pm - White Bluff, TN
Being scared is a totally natural part of this...... so I'm told.... We'll all be fine, one kind lady told me in another post and I've took it to heart.. living and dying isn't up to us any way.... Trust God and reap the benefits. Kelly
melissaross75
on 6/25/04 12:38 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I'm scheduled for July 13th. I have the same feelings scared and excited. But, I really like the post from Kelly Harris. I am going to write that down and keep it with me. Thanks! "living and dying isn't up to us anyway...Trust God and reap the benefits" Melissa
TweedyBird
on 6/26/04 4:41 am - Somewhere, AR
Hello Maria, I just read your post. I can identify with all of your emotions. Shoot, I feel like I need to be on prozac. One minute I am just up up up...and then the next wow....I feel like "What if I die" then I freak out. What makes me feel better is, thinking that if it is my turn to go, rather it is on the operating table, in a car, or on a plane, it will happen. May not be a great way to look at it, may be somewhat morbid, but it helps. Not to mention I researched the hell out of my surgeon and talked to many people who have used him (some newbies and some 5-10 years out). He has no mortalities to date and a few leaks (those were revisions). He has also done a significant amount of patients. So this also helps me feel better about my decision. Also, my family planned a great vacation for NOV.... we are vacationing in Nov. in purto rico, so that has gotten my mind off of it too. I actually bought me one outfit (size 14) do not know if I will be able to fit it, but it felt good. And now I am visualizing life after surgery and the things I should look forward to! Like, wow....I will not be on the verge of a panick attack wondering if I can fit in the damn seat on the plane. On vacation, will not have to wonder if the x large life jacket is going to fit, or can I get my big butte back into the boat after snorkeling (cannot lift my own body weight) and the last time we snorkeled I was very embarassed. Ummm refused to do couples parasailing....I was thinking yeah right I way as much as the the skinny chick and her husband, and I know my husband does not think we are both going to do this together! I will not even try to get on the rides at the fun park while we were on vacation. So as I think about vacation and the new woman I will be....I do a dance and tears roll down my cheek...because I am going to do every thinggggggggggg. I will no more be a passive participant. Anyway, I know you did not ask for all of this...it just came pouring out...along with my tears!!!! See prozac....I would pop it right now!!!!! We will be fine! We will check on each other. I will be looking for you a few days after I get out of the hospital. Tonia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views