Truthes and Emotions

kellyh26
on 6/23/04 10:51 am - White Bluff, TN
Ok, guys I've got to tell you I'm less than two weeks and I think it's just hit me that I could actually die!! I know that it's more dangerous to get in my car and drive to the store than it is to have this surgery, but still the emotions are running pretty high right now. How are the rest of my July buddies doing???
judy F.
on 6/23/04 11:15 am - Palm Bay, FL
hi kelly. I am nervous, but I have delt with it. I have acutallly made up a new will. And I am going to be writing a letter to my son, who is 15. He wants me to have the surgery because he knows I want to. He doesn't really understand 'WHY". It is hard to explain all my 'fat person' problems. he says that everyone likes me the way I am. Anyway I will be writing him and making sure that he understands that I am doing this for MY SELF. I do not want anyone blaming themselves for my decision. Needless to say my emtions are also high, I am eating like a pig!!!!!!
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 6/24/04 12:57 am - MD
WOW its crazY how we can be excited and scared at the same time....i just keepo focusing on how long i have wanted this...and try to be stong.,,,,,, JULY BUDDYS KEEP STRONG
Bonnie C.
on 6/24/04 4:48 am - Lackawann, NY
The thought of dying has been on my mind alot lately and I'm not schedule until 7/22. I keep trying to ignore it or my emotions take over. I also plan on writing some things down so just in case... If I show any fear I'm afraid my husband and daughter will try to talk me out of it. As my time gets nearer I don't know how strong I'll be able to stay either. God bless! Bonnie
marilyn P.
on 6/24/04 8:29 am - RACINE, WI
hi kelly, my surgery is july21st and yes i am nervous too.i try not to think negitive about my having surgery, because i am 260lb. 5ft.3in and the way i look at the situation,im dying a slow death now, by being over weight as you may or may not know high blood pressure is the number 1 killer in african americans, and i have been on three medications to try to keep it stable i have backpain, i have had knee surgery do to the weight. i have missed out on so much as it is with my children.so although this surgery is dangerous, the benifits outway the risk. but you see kelly we have no control over whether we live or die, so what i have decided to do is pray and put it in the hands of the LORD... good luck and i'll pray for you. remember god is good.
Kelle W
on 6/25/04 7:57 am - Atlanta, GA
Actually I'm not nervous or excited. I don't know if it's my normal habit of disassociating from intense emotions or not, maybe I should delve into it a little more, but for right now I'm holding pretty steady! Kelle
Maria A.
on 6/25/04 11:22 am - Chula Vista, CA
Dear Kelly, I know how you feel,I'm feeling the same way.My surgery date is 20days away.It's normal to have all thease ups and downs,just remember we always have the lord by our side.All of ous here at WLS are praying for you ,and I hope to join you on the loosing side soon.Think of the wonderful life ahead of all of us.Much luck on your surgery,may god bless you always. Maria Aguilera
rdt1130
on 6/25/04 10:36 pm - Bristol, TN
My date is the 2nd and I am feeling these things as well I am having a hard time sleeping, its consuming my every thought. I am eating way too much, I bet I have gained 5lbs and I did not want to do that but everyday I just think well I may as well eat this as I wont have it again, I know I shouldnt but....I am nervous, The thought of dying has crossed my mind more than once but if I odnt have it done I WILL die. I am ready...nervous, but ready, I think if you werent nervous that you wouldnt be being realistic, this is BIG TIME MAJOR STUFF.... But we will get through it Rebecca
april M.
on 6/27/04 5:10 pm - Heber, CA
Hi don't be nervous, i'm waiting tooooo! lok how long it took for you to get this far????? you have to come up with something better :bitenails: ok don't chang your mind or hide now A
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views