9 days until July and...

Lisa H.
on 6/22/04 12:13 am - Lake City, FL
my surgery date. Anyone getting nervous yet. I'm okay for the most part. Last night I had a dream that I had my surgery and the next day I ate a whole sandwich. I remember being so worried about bursting my pouch. Then I drank a coke and immediately dumped. How's that for a realistic dream? Lisa H.
MinnieMia
on 6/22/04 12:44 am - SC
Haha! That's a great one! I dreamed twice about surgery. First one I was in the OR standing beside the surgeon looking at my insides (got woozy, had to back up for a second...in my dream...yeah, I'm normal...) then I played wiht my liver a bit and then I looked to my right and sticking out of my intestines were carrot & celery sticks! The second one was when the surgeon was getting ready to close. He was threading this huge big needle and started sewing like he was hemming jeans or something. I was paralyzed but I could feel him sewing me but i couldn't say anything...so all of a sudden I turned into Sydney Bristow from the tv show Alias and, incision hanging wide open, started kicking butt all the way out of the OR! I realized that I was scared to death of the incision, not of the surgery and since then I haven't had one dream about it. I think once we realize what we're really acting out in our dreams it loses power over us. As for nerves? Whoo yeah. But I don't really have time to get jittery. I'm doing 18 hour days and I thought distinctly last night as I was falling off to sleep that they're not even going to have to anesthetize me, I'll just go to sleep! Congratulations and very best wishes for the 9th!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views