So worried!!!!

Kelle W
on 6/21/04 6:54 am - Atlanta, GA
Is anyone else's surgeon waiting till the week before surgery to do their bloodwork, inlcuding the H pylori testing? I know it requires a two week round of anti-biotics to clear that up and my testing is on July 1st with my surgery being July 6th. If I test positive for this, it will delay my surgery! I'm gonna start taking mastic gum tonight, I've read that does as good ton H pylori as the Prevpac does. I guess I'd rather take it now in case I do have it. Why on earth would they wait that long for those tests? I asked them and they gave me some lame answer about insurance not paying for the testing if it's done too far out... Kelle
alli E.
on 6/21/04 8:01 am - CA
My surgeon is having me do Pre-Op tests at the hospital two days before surgery. I am unsure what H pylori is???? I am having the normal EKG, blood work, and xrays. Fill me in--- now I am worried.... Date is July 14.
Kelle W
on 6/21/04 12:20 pm - Atlanta, GA
H pylori is a bacteria that lives in the lining of the stomach. It can cause ulcers, but just because you have it doesn't mean you are going to get ulcers. Anyway, you can't have it in your system during surgery cause the last thing you want in your new pouch is an ulcer! I went to an herb store and got mastic gum, it's the fibrous part of a tree that's been used to treat this for hundreds of years. I'm going to take it just in case, cause a positive testing can postpone your surgery. Not all doctors check for it, you might want to call your docs office! Kelle
kiwani
on 6/21/04 9:15 am - columbus, ga
Kelle, dont worry i heard someone on here only too 4 days worth of it before surgery..... my pcp also said there is a 7 day treatment but this is what he prefers, i bet they wont postpone.... we gotta be buddies....
kellyh26
on 6/21/04 12:14 pm - White Bluff, TN
Kelle, It is a lot more likely that you don't than you do they are doing my bloodwork on the thursday before surgery. I didn't even ask what all they'd be looking for. I had to go to the doctor saturday morning because my hands and feet broke out in small blisters I was about to freak out just know that my surgery would have to be postpone, but it turns out its a 3-5 day virus that toodlers get it seems that my 9 mth old nefew is a carrier and Aunt Kelly was his vicitm... But I'd rather it be me that broke out than him anyway and it's not going to delay my surgery, they said I was the first adult they'd seen with it and had to call in 3 docs to be sure thats what it was...
Ronell *.
on 6/21/04 4:27 pm - Fresno, CA
Hi, Sorry that you are worried. Would it be possible to go to your PCP and tell him/her that you are concerned about h-pylori and get the test done. It can be done in the office and takes only a couple of minutes. Take Care, Ronell
Kelle W
on 6/22/04 12:54 am - Atlanta, GA
I arranged for that yesterday, unfortunately it takes 10 days for my PCP's office to get test results back and by then it's time for me to take my tests with the surgeon. I'm going to stick to taking these 6 pills a day of mastic gum and hope it kills anything I might have in my system! Kelle
Traci H.
on 6/28/04 1:48 pm - New Orleans, LA
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just had to send this message to you Kelle. I've seen your picture on here before on some other posts I've read and everytime I see your picture it freaks me out (in a good way!) I always think it's me. I'm sure if you're looking at my picture over on the left you think I'm crazy! But I have pictures of myself where we look like we could be twins. If I can find one I'll send it to you. I had my husband take a look at you picture and he thought at first glance it was me!
Kelle W
on 6/29/04 2:37 am - Atlanta, GA
That is so funny! There's another lady that posts on the main board....I can't remember her name now, but she looks like me too I think. I've sent her an email and she agrees, but I think she has straight hair. Isn't that funny? Well, my dad did get around....we're sure you know who your papa is right? Kelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views