I have a date...July 7th

vhall99
on 6/21/04 3:56 am - Conyers, GA
Wow!...It has been a year that I have struggled to get this approved, so I thought It would take months to get a surgery date. I called the Doctor's office on Friday of last week and the nurse said, "Your date is set for the 7th of JULY!~""..I almost fell out of my chair. Its right around the corner. Now I have questions? I had a echocardigram done, do I also need to have a EKG done prior to surgery??..what is the H_Pylori test?..I was told to have this done this week for my surgery by my PCP. Thanks to all of you out there for encouraging me! Valerie
Mark P.
on 6/21/04 4:31 am - Signal Mountain, TN
Hi Valerie, I am very happy for you; I am having surgery on 7/6. You'll be in my thoughts. Regarding your questions. The echo records, not only the functioning of your heart walls and valves, the electric activity of your heart muscle. If a separate EKG was required, your doctor would have ordered one. More than likely, you had an EKG prior to your Echo. The H. Pylori test is a simple non-invasive attempt to see whether or not you have a bacterium (heliobacter pylori) that has become imbedded in the muscular wall of the distal esophagus or stomach. If you have had a history of reflux, peptic ulcer, or dyspepsia (heartburn) your doctor may want to test to see if you need to be treated with antibiotics prior to surgery.
Dorothy W.
on 6/25/04 12:24 pm - goose creek, SC
Hi Valerie, im having my surgery on july 7 also! good luck to you! missy
kellyh26
on 6/21/04 5:16 am - White Bluff, TN
Congrats!! My Date is July 6th... Good luck and God's speed in your recovery. Kelly
Tina I.
on 6/22/04 7:54 am - Minot AFB, ND
Congrats to you!! I am seeing that July is the month for these surgeries. I went to the board and there are 49 on my day of July 6th. What a great day as July 7th will be also!! Congrats
wls4me2004
on 6/22/04 3:08 pm - Honaker, VA
Valerie,.... My surgery is also going to be on the 7th..{The Lord willing & nothing happens b 4 then} My thoughts & prayers are with you...Have a great J O U R N E Y..... Sharon
Margaret F.
on 6/23/04 2:31 am - (7-07-04)
Valerie, I'm on July 7th too. Good Luck and God Bless You margaret
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits