Upset that my date has changed.

april M.
on 6/20/04 12:21 pm - portsmouth, ri
My surgery was originally sheduled for july 15th and now it is for july 21st. I'm kind of upset because I wanted to just get it over with and now I have to wait longer.
LadyBug :.
on 6/20/04 1:41 pm - Nashwauk, MN
Hi April. Don't feel to sad it's only 6 more days. I was to have my surgery on May 12th, 2004. My Doc. requires 2 weeks of all liquids before surgery and 4 weeks afterwards. On May 11th. I was sick and went to see my PCP. I had Pneumonia in 4 different areas of my left lung. Less then 24 hours before my surgery it was canceled, after waiting over a year for this surgery. I couldn't get a new date till July 29th. I was so much in shock the first week after that, then depression set in big time. I'm OK now. 6 days will pass fast for you. Now 10 weeks drag by. Good Luck with your Surgery and hope you have a fast recovery. Jean
Traci H.
on 6/20/04 2:02 pm - New Orleans, LA
April, I know how you feel! I have had three surgery dates: June 24, July 5 and now July 22. It was really hard for me in the beginning and now I just believe that everything happens for a reason. Try and forget about the first date and just concentrate on the 21st. It's only 30 days from tomorrow! Traci
PATTI B.
on 6/21/04 9:10 am - GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO
Hi April. In the long run we have waited so long for this anyways. 6 days will fly by in the blink of your eyes. Probably better for your moons or your aurora or something!!!LOL!!!! Best of luck. I am on for July 6th. I have been waiting for this procedure to the safe way for 10 years. It is worth it. I applied at my doc in Dec of 2003. All good things are worth waiting for. Right????
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views