My "New Beginning"

hulledmon
on 6/15/04 7:25 am - 29 Palms, CA
On July 15, 2004 I'll be having my surgery, and I'm so afraid that something in going to go wrong, I guess it's all in my head. If any one out there have ANY comforting words please let me know [email protected] thanks alot, Francesca
kellyh26
on 6/15/04 9:16 am - White Bluff, TN
Francesca, There is alot more that can go wrong with being obese than with this surgery. Take time to pray that you've made the right choice, if God brings us to something he'll also bring us threw it. Kelly preop til 7/6/2004
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/04 11:36 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I know how you feel. I've been worrying off and on for a few weeks. I worry about not waking up after surgery. I worry about having a blood clot. I worry that I will have a leak. I worry about future strictures and kinked bowels. I worry that I won't lose enough weight, I worry that I will lose too much. I worry that I won't be able to handle to eating restrictions. I worry that I will become a completely different person. You are normal. You had better be, because if you're not, then I'M not. The risks are so minimal compared to the risks we face being MO. Many of the risks are the risks you'll find with any surgery, and I'd rather have surgery when I am NOT in the middle of a medical emergency. I know these words don't really help...they haven't helped me all that much when others have said them. We just have to believe in our heart that we will do well, that we're fighters all the way.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views