Anyone more nervous now that it is real?

Karen P.
on 6/1/04 10:01 am - Coral Springs, fl
I got approved and was told my date today (7/6) and now I am really getting nervous. All of a sudden it seems a lot more real and a lot closer than I thought. I'm very happy it is only five weeks away. I've been on Atkins for nearly 2 months and just realized I lost nothing! I barely ate anything today because I don't know what other diet to try. I guess getting the call was a good thing! But, now I am a wreck. I'm worried about everything! I've spent a lot of time reading the posts from the Apri and May '04 boards and they seem to be at their peak of unhappiness. It is a good glimpse into the future! Anyone else nervous? Karen
sammyglo
on 6/1/04 1:34 pm - Hobart, IN
hi karen, i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. if you ever feel down or neet to talk you can email me anytime. i have noticed that i am more nervous now than when i was just doing my research or thinking about it. then it got postponed, only 4 days. but it was post-poned. i was so upset and frustrated. that made me realize how much i want this and how much more real it actually is. the jitters will pass. just remember why you are doing this. advice that i was given was to write a list of reasons why you are doing this. i have a sample of my list on my page. read it if you need to. just remember...you are not alone. take care gloria
Gala G.
on 6/2/04 2:07 pm - Middleton, WI
Hey there...we have same date!!! Yes I am nervous but it is more because my husband is having WLS w/a different doc on the June 14th. And I am trying to figure out who when where what w/my kids... Interesting how the post ops who are out a month or so are so miserable...I havne't read the boards there. Maybe I should so I kow what to expect. Gala
joyce W.
on 6/5/04 11:47 pm - eliot, me
Hi Karen, I have a date of July 8th and I am also getting more nervous as time gets closer. Now is the time to think ahead and remember why we are doing this. OUR LIVES ARE IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO GET HEALTHY!!!! Remember like any life change this will take some time to adjust to. You will go through some bad times but there is a light at the end of this tunnel. That light( the new you) is going to be full of energy, passion for life ,and may even spur you on to do things that you couldn't/wouldn't do before. I am looking forward to camping with my kids,Racing them and walking more then a half mile without feeling like I would rather die. Good Luck to you!!! God Bless
Julie 22
on 6/8/04 12:57 am - NC
Hey Karen, July 6 is my big day too! I too am a little nervous, but I just try to keep thinking about how much healthier & happier my life is going to be. Good luck to you & God bless. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views