New to board with a DATE!

Stefanie G.
on 5/28/04 10:59 am - Middleton, ID
I am new to this forum and my surgery is scheduled for July 12th. My insurance paperwork was turned in by my Dr's office on May 19th and we are waiting for approval. I'm nervous about everything; did I choose the right doctor? Am I doing the right thing? Is my hospital going to be a good experience? Am I going to be one of the unlucky ones to have complications? And most worrisome of all....Will this surgery actually work for me? I've read profiles from people who have had it and only lost 20 pounds and that's not enough for me to even make a difference! How do you know if you will be one of the ones it doesn't work for? What factors make for a successful outcome?
Lori H.
on 6/2/04 8:51 am - Bellevue, WA
Mines July 19th, same feelings. my husband had his done last year 175lbs lost!!!! he had minor leakage that kept him off food and liquid (on an IV) for a month. he doesnt regret it. I am hoping that I have a really really smooth surgery, but I am prepared for complications. My insurance approved me in an hour I was shocked!!!!! did you do your fianl binge trip?? I just ate my way through canada this weekend Im gonna try and do a quickie to vegas but it may not be possible. I wish you a lot of luck with your surgery, make sure you have someone stay with you the first 24 hours that is the crucial time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views