Hey pointers on easy stuf...

GinaJackson
on 5/26/04 12:43 pm - Temple, TX
Hey pointers on easy stuff to try to eat after the surgery PLEASE!!!
LadyBug :.
on 5/26/04 2:49 pm - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Gina, Best Wishes for a great Surgery on Monday and hope you have a fast recovery. How long after your surgery can you start eating? Every Doctor is different. I have to have all liquids 2 weeks before my Surgery and 4 weeks afterwards. Then I can have pureed foods like mashed pototoes, Apple Sauce, pureed baby food, cottage cheese, refried beens that are pureed. Then after 6 weeks other pureed foods are added. Then at 8 weeks I can go on reg. food. Jean
IrishIze
on 5/28/04 12:59 pm - NJ
My surgery is scheduled on July 19th. I can eat whatever I want up to the day prior to surgery. Afterwards, I am on 10 days clear liquids and broths. They I move onto soups, soft, pureed foods, and I think after a month I can go on to a more normal diet. I'm going to start to compile a list of things I need for the first week or two. I just found a drink called Fruit Refreshers at K-Mart. It is calorie-free, sugar-free (uses Splenda which I can deal with) and caffeine free. It comes in Peach and Lemonade and I'm going to try it before surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views