A Challenge for the July Club

TweedyBird
on 5/13/04 11:14 am - Somewhere, AR
Ok you guys. I have not been to the site for a while. But we do not have long until July. My challenge is, to start exercising and making good food choices early. Actually, I need to loose about 15lbs before surgery, to ensure I am able to have it lap and not open. So, how many are up for the challenge??? I plan to just walk at least 3x per week. I do not know for how long, or what distance, since I have not exercised for probably over 2 years. I also plan to modify my eating too.....cut out soda completely, and reduce my sweets. Ok, that is it.....how many of you guys are going to join me......please write and tell what your plan is and if you plan to exercise. Here we go.....the count down begins now!!!!!
Marietta R.
on 5/14/04 4:52 pm - MIAMI, FL
Hey LaTonia, My surgery is scheduled July13, it's only May so I think I'm going to finish eating this month out(SMILE) I really don't have the time to exercise, because I work mon-fri & go to school mon-thurs. By the time FRI SAT & SUN rolll around I'm damn near dead, exhausted. Still gotta take care home, laundry, groceries, hair, etc.. My semester ends June 28, but then surgery is right around the corner, so much for exercising. One thing for sure, starting June 1st I know I got to practicing eating right. Happy exercising, & good pre-planning strategy. Marietta
TweedyBird
on 5/15/04 3:38 am - Somewhere, AR
Hello Marietta, Do whatever part that can fit your scedule and what seems reasonable for you! Good luck, and keep us posted on the eating. This is my second day of making good food choices. I plan to walk a mile too! Tonia
MinnieMia
on 5/17/04 3:42 am - SC
I think you and I are twins! My date is on 7/13...I am working 9 hrs/day M-F & going to school M-W 5:30-11p. Like you by the time the weekend rolls around I'm pretty much lucky to put one foot in front of the other. My classes are out 7/9 and the next Tuesday is surgery. I'm with you, starting 6/1 I'm going to start practicing my eating. I'm trying to get motivated to do my walking but i'd rather just fall face down and get 10 minutes of sleep! Best wishes, Marietta! cass
Robin E.
on 5/14/04 8:10 pm - Plainfield, CT
Hi Latonia Im with you! Actually, I started this 2 months ago just so I could ease into all the lifestyle changes. I have had one diet coke in 2 months, switched to splenda,drinking mostly decaf, cut down my pastas and breads to one meal a day and have lost 15 lbs. The only thing I haven't been faithful with is exercising and I promised myself to start walking this week. I have a beautiful treadmill that currently works as a dust collector, lol. Your challenge just might be the incentive I needed to keep me honest about it. Good luck! Are we going to have to give daily or weekly updates?
TweedyBird
on 5/15/04 5:13 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Robin- We have a lot in common! I too have a treadmill that has other functions! Well, so far you are ahead of me, i just started this on Friday! This is day two for me, I plan on going to workout later today. I plan to get on here everyday to discuss my daily consumption and excercise for the day! Please join, I need all of the support I can get and would love to support others. Tonia
Marcy B.
on 5/16/04 2:09 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I'm with you, girlfriend. I too want to have the lap done and have to lose weight in order to have it. I have tried to modify my diet to 5-6 small meals, low carbs, high protein content- and I am limiting soda since we won't be able to drink it. I am practicing eating with a a baby spoon ( yogurt takes lots longer to eat), and thinking more carefully about I eat. I have about 65 days left, and I want to make the most of them. I haven't started exercising yet, but just moving this fat body around is enough. But I have to have a stress test on Tuesday which I don't know if I will be able to get through. The Dr says to try it and if not, maybe after another 10lbs or so, I will be able to do it. I would be happy to be able to get on the treadmill for 10 minutes without feeling like the world was coming to an end. So I am up for the challenge..lets start the new good habits now, because when the surgery is over, there is no turning back to the old habits.
TweedyBird
on 5/17/04 1:33 am - Somewhere, AR
Thank you Marcy!!!! You have done a lot already, shoot I need to try to keep up with you! Congrats on being able to stay focused. I really need to start with the baby spoons and sippy cups to just kinda get an idea of what that will be like. Right now, I love to take BIG bites of everything and gulp my water! Keep up the good work and thanks for joining the challenge. As for exercise, anything more then what you usely do, counts as exercise to me! Good luck with your stress test too. Tonia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views