Have you told friends/family/co-workers about your surgery?

Jill R.
on 5/12/04 5:26 am - MO
Hi, I'm just wondering if you are sharing your surgery news with other people. I'm an EXTREMELY private person and have yet to tell anyone other than my husband, sister, and parents. I am going to have to spill the beans sooner or later, but I think I'll wait until after surgery. How are you guys handling the news? Jill Scheduled Lap RNY 7/2/04
Robin E.
on 5/12/04 10:30 am - Plainfield, CT
Hi Jill, I am also very private and didn't tell anyone I was going through the process at first, but little by little I opened up and wow the support has been phenominal. Yes, there have been a few doubters, but not many and not enough to discourage me from my journey. I recommend you talk about it with people you trust.
Melissa A.
on 5/17/04 3:49 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
I have told my family, and my closest friends. I am going to wait until about two weeks before the surgery to tell my boss and when i tell him, I'm just going to tell him that I need to have surgery and I will be out 2-3 weeks. I don't want him to tell me that the surgery is elective and it can wait until later in the year. Aug-Feb is our really busy time, so the July 2 date was as good as I can do. Hey Jill, we are on the same date!
Mea A.
on 5/18/04 7:06 am - Western, MA
Hi Jill - It's official, I'm a blabbermouth ! I have been telling anyone and everyone who will listen. Yesterday, it was the 2 salesladies in Catherine's (clothing store). Last week, it was my dentist and hygenist. The week before that, it was the SPED administrators at my son's school. I have no shame . Everyone has been super supportive, except for a dear friend, but once we talked it out and she realized it wasn't for cosmetic reasons, she became supportive. She admits that she is afraid for me, though. Of course I told my DH, son and brothers and close friends too. They have all been supportive although DH doesn't understand why I want to have it done. I am the kind of person that isn't really bothered by what strangers or acquaintances think of me. I feel that if I can help one person who might also be considering WLS, or enlighten some people who have heard horror stories, I'm ahead of the game. Good luck with your surgery, you're 10 days before me . Mea
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views