R U nervous yet?

Mea A.
on 4/19/04 2:34 pm - Western, MA
Hi to all my July sisters and brothers - Are you nervous yet? I'm not, because the date's not close enough. I have been driving my husband and son crazy, though. Has anyone else been eating like a hog ?I know m supposed to be getting in better shape for my surgery but I keep thinking about not being able to eat. My angelette had her surgery on 4/12 and has no appetite at all! I keep trying to hold that positive thought. Anyone else? Mea
Jill R.
on 4/20/04 2:59 am - MO
Hi Mea, I experience spurts of nervousness but it quickly turns into excitement. I'm sure as July approaches I'll find myself feeling a bit anxious. I've been eating whatever I want, but not been excessive about it. I really would like to get motivated and start walking, but so far I haven't found the umph to put my thoughts into action. Jill
Leary J.
on 4/20/04 9:20 am - Jonesboro, LA
Yes I am nervous already. My surgery will be July 4, 2004. Have you noticed that people who have never had the surgery tell you that you are making a big mistake and people who have had the surgery will tell you that you are doing the right thing. Makes me wonder what should I do. How about you do you feel like this sometimes. Good luck to you and I will pray for you and I hope you will pray for me. Leary J.
Jill R.
on 4/20/04 1:08 pm - MO
Leary, Yes, I have noticed that! However, my sister had the surgery done 2 years ago and I have seen first hand how her life has turned around. THAT is what gives me the strength to go through with it. I haven't really told many people of my plans to have the surgery yet because I DON'T want to hear their comments. Once it's done, so be it. Good luck to you and I will pray for you. Jill
JUDIE J.
on 4/25/04 6:19 am - AMERY, WI
Hi I have my surgery date for July 22, 2004. I am a bit nervous but really excited that life will be much better and longer. I'm with you about discussing my surgery with very many people. I have been doing lots of reseach and have told a few close person to me. I need to make this decision for my self and I'm sure you feel that way too. Good Luck & prayers to you. Judie
Robin B.
on 4/20/04 11:42 pm - Potsdam, NY
Hi Mea, I am scheduled for 7/7/04. I am a little nervous, but mostly excited. I think I am driving my family crazy also because almost all the time I am thinking about the surgery. And yes, I have been eating quite alot. Has your doctor said how long you will be out of work? Mine has said about 6 weeks but as I am an office manager I am hoping to be back sooner than that. Good Luck! Robin
Neaner Ann
on 4/22/04 3:45 am - Bartlesville, OK
I am a little nervous, I will probably be a basket-case by the time July 12 gets here. I am working so hard getting everything together to send to Aetna. Even tho I have a tentative date of July 12, Aetna has yet to approve me for it. My paperwork won't be sent in until May 20. I can't wait! And I have been eating like a pig on steroids. Jeanine in Oklahoma
Debbie C.
on 4/26/04 5:32 am - Casa Grande, AZ
I'm nervous, excited, scared, bouncing off the walls happy. You name it, I'm feeling it...lol. I'm definitely taking advantage of my last three months of being able to eat what I want and in what moderation I want. I'm not overeatting, but I'm definitely not stopping myself. It's going to be a wonderful new life after my surgery, but until then I'm going out with a bang and loving every moment of it! I'll be praying for you all and hope that I'll be in your thoughts as well. See you all on the losing side!!!! Debbie Cortez
Candy S.
on 4/27/04 6:57 am - Fort Payne, AL
Hi everyone! This is my first post to the site...I am nervous sometimes-but I can't decide if it's nervous about the surgery or nervous about all the changes that will take place...I feel like I have been living in a cave for 30 years and I'm a little scared of the light...I have gotten so much support from you all on here-it has been such a blessing hearing from some of you...Thanks for all the prayers and I will be praying for you guys too...As for the eating-I'm trying to behave but I also know that I have places I want to try while I can still eat! LOL I've cut out the regular colas and most of my sugar but I still pretty much eat whatever I want to...just in moderation...why couldn't I have done that years ago before it came to this...LOL...In any case, it feels like the 21st will NEVER get here...I have had support from friends and family-my mother has been a bit negative but I think it's just because she is worried...my kids are worried too but they know that I am doing this for them...I will keep you all in my thoughts a prayers and good luck to all of you---God be with you! Much love....Candy
Cindy C.
on 4/28/04 2:58 am - Clarksville, TN
Hello all....this is my first post here. I have my surgery on July 14. I'm not nervous yet but exptremely excited. I am acutally counting the days unitl the new me. I am eating what I want but not excessive amounts. I am trying to train myself to eat slower and less so I won't have a difficult time after surgery. I have told people about my surgery and have received lots of positive responses. I am not letting any negative response to effect me. I am anxious to get to play with my 3 year old daughter as she wants me to. My prayers are going for anyone who has had or is having this surgery. God Bless us all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views