Where are all the July Preops

TweedyBird
on 4/9/04 5:59 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Mea!!!! How are you? Yep, you guys are triplets. I am truely excited to be at this point. I am sure you are too! Please keep coming back to the board and posting your updates.
Neaner Ann
on 4/12/04 7:28 am - Bartlesville, OK
Hey LaTonia! Now, I'm the one running behind! I am on cloud nine, as well, I cannot wait to have this surgery and become the new me. A coworker made a comment today that really surprised me. I asked her where she goes to tan, and in the process of telling me, she says, "......and they have the really big bed that you might feel more comfortable in until after your surgery...." And she is a former fattie! Are they like former smokers, the worst of the worst? lol Jeanine
TweedyBird
on 4/14/04 12:45 am - Somewhere, AR
You know, at first I would have blamed it on just plain old ignorance, but being a former fattie...come on.....see I just hate people like that. She was being hateful on purpose. You know, I have a new motto,which helps me deal with people just like that. "That person is not apart of my support group, and I should not expect anything more". And I move on. But I do wish all of those people could wear a sign...."hey, duck I am getting ready to say something hurtful or just plain old stupid"
Robin B.
on 4/7/04 10:44 pm - Potsdam, NY
Hi LaTonia, I have finished ALL of my preop appointments and have a surgery date of July 7th. Have to be at the hospital at 6:00 AM. I am so excited and nervous also. I can't wait. I hope everything goes well for you and all the others, myself included. Hang in there and maybe the rest of the time will fly by for us. Good Luck, Robin Bradish
TweedyBird
on 4/9/04 6:04 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Robin! Congrats...I am sure you are flying high these days! Yep, I think we all are going through the nervous and excited phase. I was walking through the mall over the weekend, thinking..ummmm next year at this time, I will not be limited to Lane Bryant....and I got this great sensation all over...at that moment I felt at peace with my decision. But of coarse there are many more days to go...and the emotional roller coaster will go on! Look foward to talking with you soon! Tonia
Robin B.
on 4/13/04 12:37 am - Potsdam, NY
Hey Tonia, Still waiting and still excited. Are you in a big city or the country? I live in the country way up next to the Canadian Border. Our hospital is small and I am hoping the aftercare may be better due to the fact that they are a smaller hospital. I am so excited that all kinds of thoughts go through my head. I have a seven year old granddaughter that doesn't want me to have the operation because I am "warm and soft and cuddly", LOL. I told her I would still be those things even if we had to cover up with a blanket and pillow to get that way. Hope everything is going well with you. It was nice hearing from you. Robin
TweedyBird
on 4/14/04 12:54 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Robin- Your response to your granddaughter made me smile. Way to think on your feet and just a terrific response! (by the way...I am a child and family therapist so I love to hear really good and effective communication people have in there own families....so again way to go!) As for city size....I am in Arkansas. The whole state is pretty rural, but I do live in Little Rock, which is the capital. So it is somewhat more developed. The hospital where the proceedure will be done is considered large by our standards. From what I read, my doctor's aftercare has been rated good. Do you work? How long do you plan to be off?
Robin B.
on 4/14/04 11:20 pm - Potsdam, NY
Hi Again, Yes, I do work. I am an office manager in a Senior Citizen's Complex with 128 apartments. We have both HUD and the state involved. What fun and what paperwork. My doctor says that I cannot drive for 4 weeks and should be off work for about 6 weeks but with my type of work I am hoping to be able to come back to work before that. I guess I will just have to play it by ear and see how things go. I get more excited every day. You stated that your whole state is pretty rural. Well, even though I live in NY we are really rural up here and we are practically our own state because when you hear them mention NY on the television or anything they call Albany Northern NY. There is 200 miles of state above Albany!!!! My family is being very supportive. I have a wonderful husband, 3 great sons and their spouses, a step-daughter and a step-son, 3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter and my parents. That is not even mentioning my husbands side who are also being very supportive. Do you have family? I think they make so much difference. Nice hearing from you.
elaine B.
on 4/10/04 11:26 am - Chatham, Canada
hi .. surgery date for july 9th.. can't wait!!
Jill R.
on 4/12/04 6:06 am - MO
Hi Everyone! I just got my surgery date of 7/2/04 for LAP RNY. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. What is everyone doing to prepare? Have you started walking or anything like that yet? Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views