5 years out

digitalcat
on 7/15/09 12:35 am - goldsboro, NC
I was wondering if anyone is struggling I gained 20 pounds and cannot loose it  any suggestions any menues anyone would like to suggest?
IrishIze
on 7/16/09 1:52 am - NJ
HI there!   My lowest weight was about 162, and I'm now at 183.  I would happily settle at 173, so that's what I'm working on now.  When I have a real problem breaking a bad eating cycle, I do the 5 day pouch test.  That sort of tightens up the pouch and gets all of the stuff we shouldn't be eating out of our systems and so the cravings stop.  I try and follow the South Beach way of life - try to stay high on protein, lots of veggies and abstain from sugar.   I also exercise at least 5 days a week.

Good luck!!
Irish......  

digitalcat
on 7/16/09 10:11 pm - goldsboro, NC
Can you explain the pouch test ????    should I know this???
IrishIze
on 7/17/09 12:17 am - NJ
Basically the 5DPT is a way to 'fix' your pouch - to tighten it up.  It's always worked for me.  Here's the website.  It's easy to follow, the first day or so are a bit tough, but it might help get you back on track.  Let me know how you do.....good luck!

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html
Irish......  

digitalcat
on 7/17/09 12:40 am - goldsboro, NC
Thanks i will let you know how it goes
us2bfat C.
on 11/14/09 6:09 pm - selden, NY
i pretty much scared myself the first day out of surgery.... and those things still scare me ... i still dont drink soda i dont drink with my meals i do protien first ... and i dont eat pasta or rice........ and havent for 5 yrs..... its a struggle to maintain but activity is the key... day one rules and activity.... that is what has kept me maintaining for 5 yrs........ glad to see the july 04 board is still alive and kicking
Love Stacy @ }------------
3 yrs and maintaining

"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, It just means
 you've decided to look beyond life's imperfection's

jewelcrown
on 2/19/10 4:42 am
Hi Nancy!

Jewel

kymt
on 9/8/09 5:28 am - nashville, TN
Thanks for this post i have alos gained 20 pounds a im trying to find ways to get it right back off.
digitalcat
on 9/8/09 8:36 pm - goldsboro, NC
I am trying to get it together as well I do not want to go there where I once was fat........... I really need to figure it out, I could really use a buddyif you want any suggestions on how to stop this weight gain? if you have any ideas let me know. I am starting a liquid diet today and see if I can do it at least until the end of the week to get my body under control, its like the pouch test you do the liquid for two days then soft  foods sort of like starting over have you ever done this?
Keep in touch if you like Im all ears LOL........ 
kymt
on 9/9/09 12:27 am - nashville, TN
i haven't done the pouch test but read up on it and plan on starting it Monday.going this weekend to get my soup and try to find a protein i can drink. my email is [email protected] if u want to keep in touch and let me know how its going. o and im Kym nice to meet u.
LOVING ME ALWAYS THEKAT67
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1177 views