I'm in trouble!!!

IrishIze
on 12/19/08 11:04 pm - NJ

So I've been off on a food bender.  I finally had the guts to weigh myself and I'm 197!!!  OMG - that's like I put on 20 lbs. in three months!!   I'm trying to get back on track, but with me it's all or nothing - nothing is in moderation.   So, I'm trying to be a little careful - I'm going to try to cut out the sugar and eat more protein.

I am planning on doing the 5DPT on January 2.   After that, I plan to do the South Beach diet - I did very well on that.

So - anyone want to join me?????

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Irish......  

GailD
on 12/21/08 11:17 am - Racine, WI
Hi Nancy,

It's me, again!  I'm in the same boat.  I've gained 30 lbs. over the past year after maintaining my goal weight for 3 years!  What the heck?  I'm going to see my pc physician tomorrow, so hopefully she'll be able to help me with a 'plan'.  Let's touch base after the holidays and see if we can work together to do something for ourselves.  This is craziness!

Have a safe and happy holiday, don't stress about the weight gain.  We can get it off again!

gail d
IrishIze
on 12/22/08 12:27 am - NJ
Thanks for replying Gail.   Yesterday was making Christmas cookie day and this morning I was over 200.  I'm sick and depressed.  I'm going to do liquids at least today and tomorrow and really try to get back in the 190s so I can at least enjoy Christmas.    Let me know what your physician thinks.   I really feel like I need a revision or at the very least one of those procedures where they cauterize the stoma to make the hole smaller.  I can eat anything and everything and never get full.... 

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and I'll definitely be back on 12/29!!!!
Irish......  

GailD
on 12/24/08 12:49 am - Racine, WI
Hi Nancy,

I can relate to feeling "sick and depressed".  We need to get back on track.  I saw my pc on Monday, trying to convince her that I have a thyroid condition -- she said "no -- you're just like the rest of us now and you need to eat right and exercise".  Hmmm....how many times have I heard that one?  I need to go back to see her mid-February, so I promised her I'd work really hard to take off some weight between now and then.  I won't, of course, even try to lose this week, but starting Jan 1 -- I'm determined to get this weight off! 

I haven't heard about the procedure where they cauterize the stoma to make it smaller.  I still get very full and sick when I eat protein...but not when I eat carbs.  So, I don't eat much protein because it makes me uncomfortable -- but I do eat a lot of carbs -- which I'm sure is the reason I've gained weight.  I've also found that sugar doesn't bother me much unless I eat a huge quantity, so that means I can eat cookies and candy...which has always been a big trigger for me. 

WHY CAN'T THIS BE EASY????

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Nancy.  Don't think about all this until after that -- let's keep in touch!

Gail
sholy
on 1/7/09 5:41 am - KY
I'm in trouble too> I can' t join you on the 5 day protein thing...it drives me bonkers and heads me straight to the binge! I simply cannot do that...too stringent. I have tried it 3 times and never make it past day 2. I become OBSESSED with food.
However, I am doing low carb and since the new year have been working hard at it.
I really am discouraged that at 4 years out most of us start gaining. THey never tell you how little restriction you will feel at that point.
I did see Carnie Wilson on Oprah on MOnday and she said she lost 50 lbs in 6 months and that it was pretty easy> she didn't give any specifics though!! How dare she!!
Good luck everyone....I know how u feel. I was watching Biggest Loser last night and feared that I will end up like the poor man who is there at 400 plus pounds and has already had a failed RNY.
dk
IrishIze
on 1/8/09 1:23 am - NJ

Hi dk,

I find with me it is all or nothing.  Everything is extremes.  I either diet really hard and don't go off it in the least or I binge eat. 

Have you tried South Beach?  I did very well on that.  I lost like 20 lbs in six weeks and I was eating all the time.  I'm continuing on with my liquids during the day and protein in the evening  I went from 203.6 to 196.0 in three days, so at least I feel like I'm on the right track.  I've also been exercising every day - 30 minutes Walk Away the Pounds.  I think I've broken myself of the sugar and carb cravings, so tomorrow I will start again on the South Beach diet.

PS: I wonder if Carnie had a revision. 

Irish......  

sholy
on 1/8/09 1:42 am - KY
No, I havent' tried South beach but I am pretty sure I have the book somewhere. (Hello, my name is Donna and I am a weight loss book junkie......!!   "HELLO DONNA!!) 
RIght now I am doing the adkins thing. Lots of protein - lots of salads.
WOW....203.6 to 196 in 3 days?? That is incredible. Good job , girl!!!
Carnie led you to believe that it was thru dieting and exercise. She is 5 months pregnant too! She is at 160 something and she looked really good. She is such a publicity hound that if she had done the revision I am sure we would have known every detail. Maybe she was short on details cuz she is writing another book! hehehe.
I might just be a tad bit jaded.....
dk
IrishIze
on 1/10/09 9:55 pm - NJ
Donna - I started a new thread and I'm going to try and update every day.  It really helps me to stay focused - it also helps when I have someone else posting so come on back and keep me company!!
Irish......  

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views