Liquid Diet?

jezzabelle1978
on 10/20/08 5:08 am - Superior, WI
Hello,
It's been aloooong time since I've been on here.  I had my RNY on 7/19/04.  I went from 288 to 143 and have happily maintained up until now... I'm back up to 162 and I'm starting to get worried that I'll gain all the weight back.  Has anyone on here went back to the liquid diet for a couple of weeks to get back on track, and if so has it helped?

TIA
~Jess

GailD
on 10/21/08 3:58 am - Racine, WI
Hi Jess,

I'm in a similar place as you.  I had my surgery 7/28/04 and went from 252 to 135.  Gained 5 lbs., up to 140, within the first 6 months.  Then I maintained 140 for 2 years.  Just last Fall, I started gaining...a sudden 6 lb. gain...and then it kept rising.  I'm currently at 162 and freaking out!  I know that I need to exercise more, but I'm also worried I'm going to gain back all the weight!  I did the 5 Day Pouch Test a few weeks back, lost 5 lbs., and as soon as I started eating again, the 5 lbs. came back on.  So, I don't know if that's the answer.  I guess, as we both know, the answer is just to eat less and exercise more...haven't they been telling us that FOREVER????  I'm planning to re-join my Jazzercise class next week.  As much as I hate it, I have to do it!  I'm starting to feel lazy and sluggish...I miss the high energy I had at 140 lbs.!

Hope to see you around here, Jess.  We're all here to support each other!

Gail
IrishIze
on 10/22/08 12:19 am - NJ

Hi Jess,

I'm in the same place as you and Gail and I'm sure a lot of other RNY people.

It seems like I am either rigidly following a diet or off and eating badly - I have a very difficult time with moderation.  I've been thinking of going back to fitday.com where I religiously posted everything I ate after my surgery and following that for a couple of weeks.  I don't know how healthy that would  be.   Anyway, I am definitely toying with the idea of a liquid diet - protein drinks, beef broth, etc and seeing what happens.

Whatever I end up deciding to do I'm starting on Monday, 10/27....anyone who cares to join me is very welcome!!

Irish......  

Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views