HELP Problems with gas

wlwav
on 8/28/08 7:04 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi everyone
 I am having a problem with passing gas all the time. It just comes from no where does anyone have this problem?? Is there something I can take on a daily basis that will help with this problem? I will just be walking along and it will just come out from no where?? It can be quite embarrassing at times. Please hlep!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone. One more thing, I have 3 more lbs to go and I will have a total weight loss of 200 lbs. I am so excited. It has taken me 4 yrs but I am getting there 1 lb at a time. Thanks for all the support I have gotten through the years from this website. I know I am not on here as often as I would like to be but I do check in occasionally. Good Luck to all!!!!
                                                          Linda
Lovin2cu
on 8/28/08 11:26 am - southbridge, MA
CONGRATS!!! What a wonderful weight loss!!! What did you start at???

As for the gas, I have had problems since surgery, my surgery being 07/28/04.  It comes and goes, but all of the sudden I will have to GO and I better get to the bathroom in 5 seconds or else.  YES, I have had several accidents.  There is NO warning sign.  Also, when I am walking, or close to home in the car, or something, if I am too "relaxed" it will come on all of the sudden.  A lot of the time I have to hold in the flatuence, which only makes my stomache kill.  So, I do beleive that people have their problems with this.  I know they sell things such as Gas X and Beano, have you tried these?  Maybe asking the surgeon for advice??  Good to hear from you!  Good Luck and hope to hear from you soon. 

Love Lisa
wlwav
on 8/29/08 12:57 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Lisa and thanks for replying to my post. I know this is an embarrassing situation but I figured I could get the help here.  Before surgery I weighed in at 350 lbs. I had my surgery July 14, 2004. My surgeon had told me I would lose about 140 lbs, I proved him wrong!!!! LOL But I had set my own personal goal, I wanted to lose 200 lbs and I am almost there, it has been a tough, hard journey but I have the support from my family and friends and I have almost achieved my goal. I have like 2 more lbs to go. Then it is just maintaining it, that should be fun LOL, well thanks for your help with my gas problems.........I do appreciate it.
                                                                Linda
IrishIze
on 8/30/08 11:32 pm, edited 8/30/08 11:32 pm - NJ
Hi Linda - I find if I eat too many sugar alcohols it produces a lot of gas that can last even 24 hours, so I try to steer clear of foods that are labeled 'sugar free' .   I think since we're 'rewired' our systems react differently to foods, so maybe try and keep a journal and see which foods seem to cause you problems.   When I'm having the problem, I use Gas-X tablets.

Congratulations on your fabulos weight loss.  How are you doing it?

Hugs,
Nancy
wlwav
on 8/30/08 11:59 pm - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Nancy,
  Thanks for replying. But we are supposed to be eating sugar free things, aren't we??? But I am trying to keep a track of what I am eating. I did notice that the gas problem is really only after dinner time and throught the rest of the night. I just don't get it. I work 3rd shift and so it happens alot at work. And I don't eat anything all night.  I have been successfull with my weight loss just by following my surgeons orders....high protein, low carbs, low sugar.....also I go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I am kind of addicted to the gym.......lol. I do not drink any kind of soda, I only drink water, crystal lite, and hot tea. Also I get protein from Bariatric eating website, I get the matrix 5.0, which you make like hot chocolate, so delicious, I will have 2 cups of that a day. And it is like 22 or 23 grams protein a for a cup. But it is working so.....Thanks again for replying I appreciate it.
                                                            Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views