It's been a long time....

Irene S.
on 8/21/08 2:28 am - NJ
Hi my July Friends! I missed checking this board to wish everyone a happy anniversary. It's not even July anymore... Hope everyone is doing ok. I see that few people come here any longer. Hello to Nancy, Michelle and Lisa. Quite a bit has happened with me, including the fact that I'm not working. But still doing great with the surgery.I can truly say it's the best thing I ever did for myself. Take care, Irene
Lovin2cu
on 8/21/08 12:05 pm - southbridge, MA
Hi Irene!!

I am so glad you checked in!!! Nancy and I need some friends and I know everyone is out there.  When was your surgery date?  Mine was 07/28/2004.  On my four year anniversary I went back to basics.  I had started at a high of 388, got down to 283 after surgery.  I stopped loosing at 9 months out!  But, I didnt work the program.  I drank with meals, didnt exercise and had the attitude that I dont eat much, I should be able to eat what I want.  Im happy to say that I now follow the "rules" .  I dont drink soda anymore, I drink water.  I dont drink a half hour before and after meals.  I look at all the labels, and go for protein first.  I try to do less than 5 grams per serving.  So far, Ive lost 28lbs. 

Good to hear from you!

Lisa
Irene S.
on 8/22/08 12:48 pm - NJ
Hi Lisa,

My surgery was July 27th 2004.  I've been successful at taking off the weight and keeping it off.  I worked for my surgeon for 2.5 yrs.  It was a fantastic job - I loved working for him. I have gotten so used to eating in a very limited way now - since I feel sick if I eat too much or the wrong things.  My weight will fuctuate by about ten lbs or so.  I'm at 136 now which is low.  I had put on a few lbs when I stopped working and felt so awful with the extra weight!  It's weird how a few lbs now effect me so much when hundreds had no effect before surgery...

Keep on keeping on, Lisa.  You can do it!!  Just think in terms of SMALL permanent changes.

Irene
IrishIze
on 8/21/08 11:48 pm - NJ
Hi Irene!  It's so nice to see you here!  

I've been doing O****rtainly have to work at it - I mostly follow the South Beach Diet - I seem to have difficulty losing that last 10 lbs....oh well, it always gives me something to strive for!!

Are you not working because you choose not to or did you get laid off (like so many other people...  ).  Didn't you work for your surgeon?    Luckily I still have my job, but we always feel like the noose is around our necks, it's just a matter of when the floor drops.   Unfortunately, many Americans are losing their positions and having them filled with two off-shore people.  Very sad state we're in.

Anyhow, I hope you'll check in with us often!!

Hugs,
Nancy
Irene S.
on 8/22/08 12:55 pm - NJ
Hi Nancy!!!

I think most have to work at it, especially the further out from surgery we get.  South Beach is a great way of eating!

As for not working... my surgeon left clinical practice and closed the office.  Unfortunately both my husband and I are unemployed - my husband since Dec 1 2007.  So it's been tough.  And the economy and job market are not good... Yes!  Very sad state we're in.

I WILL try to pop in more often. 

Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views