Made it through the five day pouch test....

Lovin2cu
on 8/2/08 9:56 am - southbridge, MA
And it really works!!!!!! WOW!!!! I havent been able to eat this little in two years. When I shop and choose foods, I look for High protein and low in sugar. If its anymore than 8g of sugar then I pass on it. So Ive refocused on protein. I am on the "sixth" day now. Here is what I had B: 1 packet weight control ban br oatmeal w 3/4 c. milk at work 20 oz of Powerade L: Compleats meals chili mac S: Small wheat syrian bread with one slice LOL cheese from the deli, 6 Hormel chicken slices.... could only eat half! I know I need to get more water in for today, Ive just been real busy. How does this menu look??? How is everyone else doing?? Looking forward to responses... 388/292.8/200 Lisa in MA
IrishIze
on 8/3/08 2:18 am - NJ
Lisa, I'm so proud of you!! It isn't easy to get through those five days, so you should really be patting yourself on the back. I think the biggest help is to be aware of what we are eating. Have you ever journaled your food on fitday.com? That website helps you to know how much protein, carbs, calories etc. you are getting from your food. You know what? You've motivated me to get back on track. I've been doing OK with the South Beach diet, but my portion control has gotten out of hand!! I'm getting back on track today starting with making a big crockpot of turkey chili for dinner tonight. I had eggbeaters and 1 slice of turkey bacon for breakfast and for lunch I'm making a lettuce wrap with mushrooms, salmon slices, a bit of salad dressing, black olives and roasted red peppers...yum!! Lisa, if you're interested we can start a daily post of our menus for the day - it sure helps keep me on track. Let me know and again....YOU GO GIRL!!!! Hugs, Nancy
Lovin2cu
on 8/3/08 8:29 am - southbridge, MA
Hi Nancy, I am game for posting menu's! I will do my darndest to remember!!!!! Today I weighed in at 291.8, down from a high of 312 since after surgery loss, and 299 last Monday. I wish I would have played by the rules from the beginning, but I have to focus on now and not then.... Im going to checkout fitday.com. Love Lisa WHERE IS EVERYONE???????????????
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views