Does Anyone remember me????

Lovin2cu
on 7/27/08 4:40 am - southbridge, MA
I recognize a few of you.... and congrats! My four year anniversary is tomorrow, and my husband's brother is going in for his surgery tomorrow!!! I am still very glad I did the surgery, but I have gained alot of weight back, and didnt ever loose what I thought I would. I started at 360, went as low at 282, and am at 312 now. I can and do drink CF diet coke with meals, can eat alot, etc. I know a lot of it is me working the program. Sometimes I feel like such a complete FAILURE. I want to go back to basics with my brother in law, starting with the CIB. I just am so dissapointed in myself. Is there anyone out there who is a "heavyweight" and didnt loose like they thought they would or gained a lot back? I feel like I need the surgery all over again... but I know that cant happen. What have I done??! If I go back to basics, will my stomache shrink again? I would love some advice and help. And, there is no food I cant eat or tolerate. I hope that this finds you all well. Happy Anniversary and new Birthday to everyone. Very Sincerely, Your sister in Surgery, Lisa from MA
IrishIze
on 7/28/08 2:44 am - NJ
Hi Lisa - sure I remember you! Please don't feel defeated!! I think a lot of us are struggling - whether it is to lose 50 lbs. or 5 lbs. I feel like I can eat just about everything - sometimes I'll eat something and lo and behold, I will get sick with the foamies and all, but that is few and far between. If I do what I'm supposed to and eat protein first and avoid 'slider' foods, I find my pouch works much better. I've been doing the South Beach diet and have lost about 17 lbs. since the end of May. I'm happy with that, but I haven't lost anything in the past couple of weeks. I still have about 8 more I'd like to lose. I know it's me - my portions are getting larger and while I am sticking to South Beach approved foods, I'm eating a lot more of them. So, once again, I have to get back on track. Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? I've done it a couple of times and it sort of helps get back into the way we ate right after surgery. You might want to try it. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html I also think it's important to have a support group - whether it's online or wherever... You can do whatever you set your mind to - remember, no food tastes as good as being thin and healthy feels!! Hugs and keep in touch, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views