Anniversary

Monna W.
on 7/13/08 4:05 am - Susanville, CA
Hi July siblings-- One week past my 4 year mark and life is good. After my abdominoplasty in Dec. I got down to 185--204 lbs lost. I gained a little back, but am maintaining between 190 and 200. I started teaching in the nursing program at our local JC in February. Unbeknownst to me, my boss talked about me in class one day--she knows I have been very open with my students about my journey. Anyway, she told them she thought I was a remarkable woman--she knew me prior to WLS. I had my heart fixed in December, 2006, and discovered I hadn't been lazy all my life. I just had a heart that didn't work right. Now it does, and I'm old. What a ***** I'm really not complaining--just wi**** all could have happened when I was in my 30's. My daughter had WLS in Aug. 2007 and she has lost 100 lbs. She is so happy. She is getting married next June and she has had such a great time trying on wedding dresses. My son had WLS in Dec. 2007 and has lost 125 lbs. It took him a long time to make the decision to have the surgery, but he is so happy now. He still has 100 lbs. to go, but he is looking so good. Happy anniversary to everyone. I could never have done all I have done without your prayers and support. Monna
jewelcrown
on 7/13/08 10:37 pm
Hey Mona! Congratulations... what a wonderful testimony for your entire family. Guess what? You may be X in chronological age, but I bet now you are about 30 in age physiologically speaking! So go out and paint the town red... you deserve it... All the best! Denise
Monna W.
on 7/14/08 6:57 am - Susanville, CA
Denise, I read your posts pretty often. I admired you gals (haven't seen too much from our July brothers) who have issues, but keep plugging to let you pouches do the jobs they were meant to do. I wish my doc had given me a little bit smaller pouch. I still dump with sweets so that helps to keep me honest. I love my July group so much and wish we could all live where we could meet in person. I could never have gotten so far without all of you. Monna
IrishIze
on 7/13/08 11:25 pm - NJ
Hi Monna, and happy anniversary!! It's wonderful to hear from you and wonderful that your life, and that of your children is now a healthy and happy one! Like Denise says, it doesn't matter our chronological age - it's all how young we allow ourselves to feel!! My mother always called me Peter Pan and for awhile it was a bad thing, but now I consider it a compliment!! What a great bunch of people we have here on the July 2004 site!! I hope you'll pop in often and let us know how you're doing! Hugs, Nancy
Monna W.
on 7/14/08 7:01 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, You look so beautiful--just like Peter Pan. When I do the questions on RealAge.com I am about 75 (really I'm only 63), but I feel like I'm 30. I can't run, but I can walk all day. We went camping the first week of July and it was a 3 mile walk from our campground to the beach to swim. I walked all the way, but my 10 year grandson rode in a wagon the last 2 miles. Then he said he walked 3 miles--told him, I walked it, but he didn't. My husband and daughter kept asking me if I wanted to rest--think it was them that wanted to rest. Anyway, it made me feel great!!! Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views