4 years tomorrow!

Jennifier1
on 7/11/08 7:19 am - Weirton, WV
Wow! What a change that has taken place in four years. I was 266 prior to surgery, 276 was my highest known weight. I was 145 on my wedding day in October of 2005. I got down to 141 (for a day or two) around November/December of 2005 but quickly bounced up to 147-152. I got pregnant in May and was actually told to eat more as I wasn't gaining much weight. 2 weeks before delivery I had gained about 24 pounds. I had some complications and due to them put on 17 more pounds in 5 day (while not being able to eat or drink anything.) At my 6 week check up I was down to 163. Unfortunately I've put on 7 pounds in the past 18 months. I was on steroids for awhile due to some severe reactions to my iron infusions and let some bad habits back in. I'm working getting rid of those now. I had a few medical issues that developed during pregnancy #1. My ferritin was a 2 after I had my son so I had to have iron infusions. My last infusion was in March and I'm happy to say that my ferritin actually went up this past month on it's own from my oral supplements. It was 212 last week! I also developed an internal hernia and have been told that it could be fatal if I don't have it repaired prior to getting pregnant again. I had severe problems with this and it went undiagnosed during my first pregnancy. Well, after fighting with the insurance company they have finally approved my original surgeon to do the surgery. No one here in West Virginia would touch me to repair it. That is schedule for July 25th. We will begin trying for baby #2 as soon as we get the go ahead from Dr. Abkin. In the meantime, I've just started working on a master's program in educational leadership that should be done by next spring. My WLS has changed my life in so many ways. Despite my few complications, I'd not change a thing. Dr. Abkin will always be one of my favorite heroes for giving me so much. Jennifier
IrishIze
on 7/13/08 11:33 pm - NJ
Hi Jennifer, Happy 4 Year Anniversay, and congrats on the marriage and the new little one!! It sounds like you've had some struggles, but I think most of us here have in one way or another. I'm glad you found someone to repair the hernia - I'll bet you'll be glad when that's over and done with! I hope things continue to go well for you and please check in and let us know how you're doing!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views