Goal for today....

jewelcrown
on 6/28/08 2:34 am
Use fitday... exercise... protein first... focus on me for a change. I've spent the last few stressful months focusing on my family and all their drama. When I first had the surgery they accused me of being obssessed with weight loss. All I thought about was weight loss and counting protein, exercise and the obesity website. I was on point during that time because I put me first. I'm drawing a line in the sand today, and I'm giving myself permission to put me first and once again be obssessed with weight loss. So what does that mean? It means there will not be any white carbs or sugar in the house. My family can go elsewhere and get it if they want it. I will no longer be the one to fix crises. My new line with my teenaged daughter is "that's not my issue." For example, she is in summer school. I give her a weekly allowance for lunch. Last week she chose to blow it by Wednesday on junk food. On Thursday she announced to me that she didn't have lunch money and would starve if I didn't do something. My answer, "not my issue." I'm going to allow grown folks and almost grown folks to solve their on problems. I'm giving myself permission to be selfish and back away from catering and taking action items to solve problems from those around me. I've got my own problems. I've got to get back on track and finally lose the weight my doctor wanted me to. I can't do it when I allow the folks around me to stress me out with trivial drama. The long and short of it. I'm obssessed with me and I'm okay with that. Here's what I'm eating today.. Breakfast: Tilipa/Natural Applesauce (my favorite meal) Snack: AchievOne Lunch: Steamed Shrimp, Romaine Lettuce, SF Dressing Snack: AchievOne Dinner: Steak Snack: AchievOne Crsytal lite all day along Protein 128 Carbs 31 Fat 38 Calories 1063 Exercise: 90 minutes of intense water aerobics So what's your goal today and are you focusing on you for a change! Hugs! ME
IrishIze
on 6/30/08 1:24 am - NJ
Denise - I didn't get on this weekend, but I wanted to comment on your post. It's not being selfish or obsessive to take care of yourself. In the long run, you are all you have and you alone must decide on how you want to live your life. Your health is the most important thing - how can you help anyone else if you don't take care of YOU??? Get yourself in order and on a good plan. Your family and friends will have to see that you are healthier and happier and whether they approve or not is really not your problem. I have issues I'm dealing with too, and sometimes I think the only thing I have true control over is whether I want to eat like a crazed person or like a healthy person. I'm choosing the healthy right now, and guess what - making that choice is also making me a happy person. Hang in there kiddo!! Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views