What's your goal for today? How'd yesterday go?

jewelcrown
on 6/25/08 9:03 pm
My goal is the same ... stay away from sugar, white carbs and fast food. Yesterday I did about 30%. No fast foods. I did protein drinks all the way up until 6:00 pm and then I lost it! Microwave popcorn! Instant oatmeal (which contained sugar). It coud have been worse. The scale dropped one pound to my surprise. So... I'm grateful for another day to try again. So... here we go... how about you! Hugs! Denise
IrishIze
on 6/26/08 12:24 am - NJ
Denise - it's OK to start with baby steps - eventually you will get there!! One pound gone is one pound gone!! I did well yesterday too. I still have problems with the night time eating, but I limited it to SF Jello and plain Greek FF yogurt. I fell off a bit with some FF Cool Whip - sorta went over the recommended 2 Tablespoon limit... I also dropped down about a pound, so that's good! I think part of my problem is not eating enough. I'm an extremeist - either I eat non-stop or I starve. It's finding that moderation level that challenges me the most. I'm trying to eat six smaller meals during the day and that seems to be working. Today my plan is: B - eggbeaters with LF cheese, tomato juice, coffee S - cucumbers with lite laughing cow cheese L - leftover salmon and chicken, asparagus S - 1/2 apple with lite swiss cheese and walnuts D - flounder with broccoli crowns, zucchini S - SF Jello with yogurt or part skim ricotta cheese I was 180.6 this morning - I can't wait to hit the 170's again, so it's very motivating for me to be a good girl!!! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 6/26/08 1:00 am
Hi Nancy! I think I've got that same personality. Moderation is probably what helps most folks make it to the finish line. Shooting for perfection 100% of the time makes one fall completely off the wagon! Heck... I crawl under the wagon!!! Six small meals a day... that makes absolute good sense... it takes care of that head hunger because you are eating so frequently. I'm proud of us. Let's keep going. Hugs! ME
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/26/08 3:23 am - Oxnard, CA
Good morning girls, I'm joining in with you. Not to lose weight but not to gain too much weight with my pregnancy. I just realized that I left out of my original post that I am 5 months pregnant expecting a baby boy! Nancy: I told you right? I know I told somebody!! So I don't have a food plan today. Its really hard since I have to give up all the foods with sugar substitute because they are bad for baby! So I really need to eat in moderation, get the right foods for me and Aidan and then not gain too much. Man this is work!! I'm also ashamed at the amount of weight I have gained back, I definitely got too comfortable! I vow that as soon as Aidan is born, I'm hitting it hard! I think I will try WW's then. Not sure yet. But if its okay, I'd like to join in with you gals, just to keep me focused!
jewelcrown
on 6/26/08 6:27 am
Hey Michelle! That's wonderful news! Just concentrate on eating healthy for you and the baby! We'll be here to cheer you on after the baby comes to swiftly kick any few left over lbs. to the curve. I'm and so happy for you.... All the best! Denise PS... I love your son's name! Aidan!!!
IrishIze
on 6/26/08 10:40 pm - NJ
Hi Michelle!! Of course, of course, of course you can join us!! If you're looking for a sweetener you could probably try honey - not too much of course - but for those moments when you and Aidan really need something sweet!! I don't know if I told you or not, but I became a grandmother last December and my beautiful grandson's name is Aiden (yep,with an e). I'm so glad to see you here Michelle!! Aunties Denise and Nancy will need regular updates on how our little Aidan is doing (and Mommy too!!). Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views