Is there anyone left?

jewelcrown
on 6/26/08 11:33 pm
I suggest either the "Protein Train" or South Beach. These allow you to eat and get back to basics. I also suggest keeping a water bottle (water or crystal lite) by your side and taking long swallows until you feel your pouch. Repeat the cycle all day long. The other thing is to keep in touch with a support group (online or otherwise). I know when we were doing this on a regular, the scales may not have dipped as fast as I wanted it to, but at least I stayed within a range of a few lbs. Once I stopped checking in with folks the lbs. just grabbed on and took over. I'm determined (with the help of the tried and true July babies), not to gain anymore. We've come too far to completely reverse and become morbidly obese again. We've all heard and seen stories of this happening to folks. We can't allow ourselves and each other to go back to that. Being forced to buy clothes 2 sizes larger has been a huge wake up call for me. I will not go back to 326... I just won't do. So... here we are and together we can do this. Please stay in touch and let's work on this together. It's hard, and we'll have ups and downs. But I think the support and understanding of folks walking the same road will help. Hugs! ME
sholy
on 6/18/08 3:57 am - KY
Yes, this board is DEAD!! I am doing okay....I lost 200 lbs and have gained back a good 20 and cannot lose it for the world. Is anyone else having trouble with weight gain at 4 years out? DK
jewelcrown
on 6/19/08 3:42 am
Hi DK... I am definitely struggling and getting really scared. Grazing is out of control and so is my carb addiction. I know exactly why I am gaining. Just haven't been able to get the llight in my head to switch on to stop the unacceptable behavior. I never thought 4 years out, I'd still be struggling!! The saga continues! Maybe we should revive the board to support one another!
sholy
on 6/19/08 5:36 am - KY
Denise, I have your same troubles and fears. Last week I saw an aquaintance who had also had WLS and she looked like she had gained a lot of it back. I feel pretty self-conscious myself with the 20lb gain so I felt really bad for her. I guess I just need to go back on the strict atkins plan --I mean I KNOW that I need to do that. I totally agree with you about the 4 years and struggling bit---when I see messages about people who want to stop losing..it makes me crazy!It looks as if I will be on a diet the rest of my life and where the heck did the restriction go?? I could eat a horse......so I am very afraid of complete regain. I definitely think we 4 year old's need to meet here and support each other. Maybe we need to remind each other of the rules we are trying so hard to forget!!! DK
jewelcrown
on 6/23/08 8:41 am
Well... let's revive the board, even if it's just you and I! Let's do a "weekly weigh in" and "what did you eat yesterday" post. What do you think? I definitely need help. I've kept 76 lbs off... but that's not good enough! My highest: 326 day of surgery Lowest after surgery: 216 Today, I am ashamed to say: 250!!! Please help me I'm falling!!!!
IrishIze
on 6/24/08 5:47 am - NJ
Hi Denise!!! I'd be SO happy to see the July babies back together for a support group! You all are like a family to me and we were always able to help each other out. Maybe we should start in July as a reunion and reinforcement group!!! Or better yet, maybe we should start now and get going!! I'm continuing on the South Beach Diet and so far have lost 11 lbs. in about five weeks. Looking forward to seeing everyone back again!!! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 6/24/08 8:52 am
Hey Nancy! Congratulations on the 11 lbs. My doctor recommends South Beach highly. When I got to my lowest weight post op, I was on South Beach. I'm going to take a couple of days and try and detox from sugar and fast foods and then join you on South Beach. I hope we can revive the board. I've missed "the family"! Let's check in daily...even if it's just to say hello!!! Hugs! ME
cheryann
on 6/24/08 12:52 pm
Hey July friends comeout comeout wherever you are!!!! We are all turning four, and we need each other more than ever!!!! I have gained a good 20 lbs. and I am ashamed and struggling, after you've had this operation and are not skinny, people really hink there is something wrong with you.....it's not easy!!!!! There a so many issues with weight!!!!!!!! It never gets easy. And as soon as you slack off a little bit those pants get tight very quickly and before you know it your looking at fat clothes again ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angst:
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 3:58 am - Somewhere Else
Congrats on the marriage. Sorry to hear about the miscarriages (know that feeling all too well) Try to remain positive and hopefully things will work out for you the next time. I'm still around. Post sporadically on the Main board and others, but haven't had as much time, nor desire to post as much as I used to (seems some folks use the boards for sport rather than support) I'm still below goal, though managed to regain the pounds I wanted to. Health is fine. Getting life back on track itself and trying my best to enjoy it. DH is doing well too since his surgery in Feb '07. It's been a very busy couple of years (since fall of '06) but we're slowly getting things back on track again. Hope everyone is doing well out there.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 6/26/08 3:17 am - Oxnard, CA
Oops in my post I left the most important detail out, I'm a currently 5 months pregnant and expecting a baby boy in November! So can you say, yeah I'm gaining weight? I've only gained 10 pounds with the pregnancy, so I'm definitely needing support just to make sure I eat right for me and my little one. I'm so glad to see everyone back together!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views