Merry Christmas!

MrsJuly
on 12/24/07 10:17 am
I thought I would pop in here for a moment to update things. I needed to get away from everything WLS for a while...it had been the focus of my life for way too long. My weight has stabilized (for the most part) at the same 230 that I was over the summer. The past week and a half, I have put on 9 more lbs (239), but I also feel like a water balloon. The salt in the holiday food is really getting to me! I'm still working on a plan to get myself back on track once Christmas is over. I'm not even waiting for New Years...there's 3 good days between Christmas and my final holiday party, and I'm going to use them wisely. I'm going to join a class at the YMCA in January, and I will most likely go back to the Weigh****chers plan because I have great cookbooks that spell out the points precisely...no computing involved. Weight gain aside, the rest of my life is going very well. I've been extremely busy all summer and fall, and I anticipate an even more jam-packed winter. I'm the leader for my daughter's Girl Scout troop, and meetings alone are a lot of work. There is plenty of G.S. taining available, and most of it is actually a lot of fun. For example, this fall, I learned how to deal with difficult people AND tie rope knots. I worked football games at the high school all fall, and I'm working basketball games this winter. We went camping several times, took a trip to Chicago, and spent a week in Iowa. I'm sorry to see that some of you are struggling with a slight weight gain, but I'm not sorry to see that I'm not the only one. It's hard to struggle... I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Cheers! Pamela
Monna W.
on 12/25/07 2:30 am - Susanville, CA
Pamela, So great to hear from you. Sounds like you are living life to the fullest. What else can we ask? It does not sound like you regret having WLS and that is important. I have struggled with a 20 lb gain. Once I decided to have plastic surgery and stopped stressing about the gain, the weight came off. But like you, I can not visit WLS sites everyday or even keep a food journal. I become compulsive and so focused on food that I start eating compulsively again. We each have to find our own path. Best wishes in the New Year. Stay healthy. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views