If I Can Do It, So Can You!!

IrishIze
on 10/31/07 10:57 pm - NJ
Hey there all of my July babies! I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I started to get back on track on 10/15. I did the 5DPT, and have been following days 3 & 4 in some fashion since. Oh, I've had my slips, but they haven't been major ones and more importantly, they haven't lead me to give up and go on a binge. I'm eating protein first, (trying) to get in all my water and I make sure to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Anyway, having made those changes, as of this morning I have lost 10 of the 18 lbs. that I have set as my goal. I can't believe it. I really thought I was never going to be able to control my eating again, but here I am in control and really, feeling great physically. I am sleeping better and have so much more energy since I cut out the sugar and white carbs. Even my mood seems better - I guess doing what I know I should be doing as opposed to carrying around a load of guilt certainly helps! So, really - if you're thinking of getting back on track, there's no time like the present. The first day or so was a bit tough, but after that it becomes routine, and when the scale starts going in a downward motion instead of an upward motion, that sure is motivating!!! This is meant as encouragement to all who feel they have lost control. You haven't. You can endure one day of struggle, and it will open the door to getting on the right track. If I can do it, so can you!!! Hugs to all, Nancy
Traci K.
on 11/1/07 12:20 am - Sullivan, MO
Yay Nancy!!!!!! This is awesome news girl and such an encouragement for folks who are struggling!!! Congrats to you!!!! Traci
Monna W.
on 11/1/07 5:08 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, You have been such a rock of this board, pre-op and post-op. You are such an inspiration. I am starting to get back on track today. I really had a fine time yesterday with all the T or T candy. I grazed on it all day so never really dumped, but I am sluggish today. The sluggishness might be due to my cold (I am home because I was so dizzy when I got up, I could hardly make it to the bathroom). But it really made me aware of how easy it would be to go back to my old habits. I really want to get 10-15 lbs off before I have my plastic surgery in January. My rice protein powder should arrive today. Might not be until tomorrow, but I have some yucky tasting soy protein (no whey) that I can use until it gets here. And I can do lots of SF jello. Thanks for your wonderful encouragement. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views