On Track - Tuesday, 10/30/07

IrishIze
on 10/29/07 10:38 pm - NJ
Good morning everyone!! I'm doing OK. I ate a few more carbs than I should have yesterday - couldn't resist the pretzels and 1/2 cup of Product 19, and for dinner I had a Perdue Baked chicken cutlet, so combined they had about 50 carbs. Still, I lost a few ounces... I'm still trying to drink more water - I'm getting in maybe 2-3 bottles a day. I know that isn't enough, but it's hard when I have to be in meetings and if I want to do the treadmill for 40 minutes and I have to keep running to the bathroom. I try to plan it out best I can. I'm managing the food pretty well - SO much better than I was a month ago. Back then I was eating constantly - grazing and telling myself I would get back on track the next day....we all know those old tricks! I'm going to walk for about 30 minutes on the treadmill - nothing too strenuous - I have my hour tap dancing class tonight, so that's a good workout. How are you all doing today? Hugs, Nancy
Traci K.
on 10/30/07 1:02 am - Sullivan, MO
I'm about ready to pull my hair out today. I have all three kiddos home sick today and I have this itchy rash! I noticed some itching on Sunday, but it was just a little at my underarms where my bra is. Didn't think much of it. It was worse yesterday and bothered me more, but I was busy and didn't really check it out much, then last night I was itchier more places and this morning I have a rash on my lower back, and the creases like where my bra and underwear are. Under where my tummy skin hangs too. It's itchy!!!!! I don't know if this is from the iron infusion or what. It's not all over my whole entire body - just these places, but it is spreading from where it started. No bumps or blisters or anything. So I'm puzzled as to what it could be from. I'm super busy today and I don't have time for an itchy rash. So I'm going to ignore it. I'll let ya know how that works for me.
IrishIze
on 10/30/07 2:04 am - NJ
Traci, You had Dextran, right? Many times a rash is an allergic reaction. I just checked out the Dextran information page and it said a side effect can be an itchy rash and hives. If I were you, I'd just give a quick call to the doctor who prescribed the infusion and let them know. Especially if it's getting worse instead of better. Just to be on the safe side. Hang in there - hope the rash goes away soon!! Hugs, N.
Traci K.
on 10/30/07 3:18 am - Sullivan, MO
Thanks Nancy - I just put a call in to my doctor. His nurse is going to check with him to see what, if anything, we need to do about this rash.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views