On Track Mon. 10/29/07

Traci K.
on 10/28/07 8:28 pm - Sullivan, MO
Morning everyone WOW - what a difference an iron infusion can make! Squee!!!!! I definitely feel better; and I haven't even slept well since I had the infusion; I think that's because of the steroids. But even so, I still have way more energy than before. Today I have my grandbaby, and my own children are home, and I may also be watching my pastor's granddaughter today for a couple hours. So it's going to be a bit busy (good thing I have some energy! ). I also have my usual daily laundry and I need to sweep the floors and such this morning. So I guess I better get to it. What's everyone else up to today? Are you all staying on track with your water, eating, exercise and supplements?
IrishIze
on 10/28/07 10:41 pm - NJ
Hi Traci - it's great that you're feeling so much better and have so much more energy - sounds like you're going to need it with all of those kiddies around!! I seem to have stalled with the weight loss. I had one day of 'indulgence' - that equaled two small slices of homemade pizza and 6 whole grain pretzels. I gained 2 lbs. It's really disappointing. I can't quite figure it out. It seems like if I eat over 600 calories per day I gain. Something isn't right there..... Anyway, I'm going to keep plugging away. I'm going to make a concerted effort to get more water in and I'll go to the gym at work and walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes. I already took my supplements today. How's everyone else doing? Hugs, Nancy
Traci K.
on 10/29/07 12:54 am - Sullivan, MO
Nancy - something is definitely amiss - or else your body is maintain where it wants to and nothing is wrong at all. Very possible. I recently and found have been posting some and reading mostly on the OH Graduates board. There was a thread recently about how many calories everyone ate at 11 months post-op. There was a wide range of answers and of course, most gave how many calories they were eating now - some many years post op and I was truly and utterly shocked at how many calories some of these folks are eating. Seriously - some of them are now eating - as WLS post-ops: up to 5,000 calories per day!!!! They are exercising like mad and all that, but still - I don't know how it's physically possible to consume that much food as a post-op; at least my pouch would not hold that much! I would have to do nothing else but sit around and eat all day. Shoot - I never ate that much PRE-op; there's no way I could do it now!! So it's true that we all have to do what works for us and even as post-ops our bodies are very different, just as they are as pre-ops. Soooooo Nancy, instead of fighting and struggling with thinking you need to get to a certain number on the scale, it could be your body has already decided where it needs to be. There's nothing wrong with that. Eat healthy, exercise, take your supplements and don't sweat over every pound or two fluctuation you see. It's normal for that to happen for everyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views