On Track Sun. 10/28/07

Traci K.
on 10/27/07 8:29 pm - Sullivan, MO
Morning everyone I managed to get quite a bit done yesterday: ALL of the laundry, two trips to Walmart and got some CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE!! and made supper, went to the movie store and bought myself a new lamp for the living room and put that together too!! Now let me tell you - it's been forever and a day since I had enough energy to do all that!!! So I'd say I'm feeling better!! The only side effect I'm noticing from the infusion is some puffiness/swelling and I'm guessing that's from the steroid shot they gave me. My feet and hands are a little puffy. I'm guessing that will go away eventually. I noticed the scale was up a couple pounds and I know I didn't eat any more or anything that would have caused that jump overnight, so it must be from the steroids. So that's the only downside I can see from the infusion. It's one I can live with if I get my energy back. Today is church and then home to relax with the family. What are you doing today? Have a great day everyone!
Jennifier1
on 10/27/07 10:06 pm - Weirton, WV
Glad you are feeling better. I have that puffiness too and saw a number on the scale that I've not seen since I was very pregnant. I also believe it's from the steriods and fluids they pumped into me. I had more energy yesterday than usual so I'm thinking what little bit of iron we got into me before the reaction helped. I was and dried five loads of clothes, but didn't get them folded. I cleaned the living room and then the baby messed it up, so I cleaned it again. We went through that cycle about five times. I also went ot my mom's to do some secret remodeling. They are in NJ visiting my sister who had a baby girl Friday night. They were supposed to be gone until next Thursday but are coming back TODAY! They don't know that they don't have a floor in their living room and dining room. We need to finish that today and get all the furniture back in there. It reminds me of one of those home makeover shows when the people come home early. I hope we can get it done. I even had energy to go out with a friend for a couple of hours last night and then when I got home I cleaned the guest room. I had a new comforter set that I bought in the summer but never had the energy to put it on. It looks nice. Hope everyone has a good day.
IrishIze
on 10/28/07 8:09 am - NJ
Traci, I'm so so so glad you're feeling better!! Wonderful!!!! You too Jennifer - even if it's just a little better, it's still better, right? I guess we're all busy bees this weekend. I washed, ironed and hung the winter curtains, put away most of the outside furniture, painted the trim and made a pot of vegetable beef soup. I also walked the dog about a mile. Sometimes I wonder how I do it! But, I'm really happy that I can. I was so busy today that I kind of forgot to eat, or drink for that matter - not good. It's 6 PM and I've only had one bottle of water, one cup of coffee and about 1/2 cup of salmon salad. I'll have some soup tonight - won't partake of the garlic toast though!! Gonna go grab a bottle of water and suck it down. Talk to you all tomorrow. Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views