On Track - Wednesday, 10/24

IrishIze
on 10/23/07 10:53 pm - NJ
Hi All, HOW'S EVERYONE DOING??? C'MON GIRLS AND CHECK IN!!!! It's a really rainy day here in the NYC metro area. Weather-wise it's been like Miami lately, so this rainstorm is supposed to bring in the cooler weather. As much as I dread the winter, I am looking forward to crisp fall days. On Monday I did the all liquids again -> and gained a pound!! Yesterday I went back to the soft protein (Day 3). Last night I had about 20 grapes....they tasted so good. I sat there eating them and realized I was feeling guilty for eating grapes - what has my life come to???? I think I heard that grapes are generally a no-no. Sigh. Anyway, this morning I was down another pound, so I feel better. Guess I have to keep an eye on becoming a crazy scale watcher again. I had a tough day yesterday, craving-wise. I wanted something crunchy - pretzels or crackers. I resisted, but it was tough. I thought after the 5DPT all of last week and the liquids and soft protein I would have banished that from my brain, but no. I am a true carby, crunchy, salty food addict. I did find Vlasic sweet gherkin pickles made with Splenda which are great to snack on. 0 sugar, 0 carbs, 0 calories (for 3). I'm trying to tell myself they're as good as a pretzel..... Well, enough of my rambling.... Hugs to all, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 10/24/07 2:30 am
Hey Nancy! Yesterday was another binge day I would like to forget!!! The scale keeps moving the wrong way. This morning I made soup for Day 1 and started Day 1 today! It's 11:26 am in Saint Louis... So far so good. I've got to take this one day at a time. Although I can feel myself mentally marching towards that pity box! Hugs to all my supportive July babies!! Denise
IrishIze
on 10/24/07 4:41 am - NJ
Denise - you can do it!!! Really - if I can ~ you can. Don't give in. Take it a minute at a time if you have to. You can have all the soup you want. All the protein drinks you want. Try the Jello SF FF pudding made with FF Carb Countdown. When I was feeling like I was not going to make it, a couple of spoonfuls of that and I was OK. When you want to eat, take a or a !!! You are not allowed at that pity party!! Not unless I can come too, and I'm not going - not today at least!!! Remember, self pity is like a wet diaper. At first, it is warm and comforting. All too soon, it begins to stink. Think of how good it will feel when you are more in control and you see that scale heading in the RIGHT direction!!! Hang in there my friend!! I have faith in you!! Hugs, N.
Traci K.
on 10/24/07 3:50 am - Sullivan, MO
Afternoon everyone Sorry, I have my grandbaby today and I've been a bit busy. For crunchy - have you tried those Soy Crisps? They're soy protein chips kinda thingys. Pretty good actually and a good alternative to potato chips. I get them at Super Walmart near the rice cakes and such. Maybe try those when you want something crunchy. I'm not sure how many carbs are in them though - but they are higher in protein. Worth checking out. I have a date for my iron infusion!!!!! This Friday at 8am!!! Squee!!! It will take about 6 hours or so to do, so a long day - but worth it. I'll post afterwards to let you all know all the nitty-gritty details of iron infusions. Other than that - I'm freezing, and hanging in there. Generally I'm not feeling great; but it's amazing what some mineral makeup and fixing your hair can cover up. I may feel awful - but I look great! Without the covering up - I look terrible. 'Nuf said. Have a great day everyone. I hear the baby stirring from her nap. Traci
IrishIze
on 10/24/07 5:13 am - NJ
Hi Traci - Hooray for the coming infusion I'm really interested to hear what the process is and how it goes for you. More than that, I'm looking forward to hearing that you're feeling WAY better!!! I have the soy crisps in my cabinet. Just checked the nutritional info and for 27, they're 110 calories, 14 carbs and 7 protein. Not too bad - I guess I'm just trying to get away from the 'white' carbs. I'll stick with my pickles while I can - although they're a bit salty. I sometimes soak them for 10 minutes and that helps de-salt them a bit. I'll have them with some lowfat cheddar cheese and apple slices...that ought to satisfy me for a bit. Hope with each passing day you feel better and better. Hugs, N.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views