On Track Mon 10/22/07

Traci K.
on 10/21/07 8:13 pm - Sullivan, MO
Morning everyone I'm feeling a wee bit better as I gave myself a B12 shot Saturday afternoon. YAY! Now to get that iron infusion and gee, I could do nearly anything after that! Are you all logging and tracking your food (calories, protein, carbs, etc...)? How many calories per day are you all getting in? Most days, I'm not even getting in 1000 calories. It's a struggle for me. I'm eating - just not a lot apparently. So at the end of the day, I find myself needing to eat more food to try and at least get to 1000 calories on most days, or to get close to 1000 calories. I try to vary the calories daily and I've not gained any weight since I had my surgery - and I'm fine with my weight where it is, but I do realize that for health reasons we should at least strive for 1200 calories per day. Just wondering how many calories you all are getting in daily. Support groups: how many of you attend a real-life support group? Or do you just do online message forums (like this one) for support? Tell us about your post-op WLS support system. Have a great day! Traci
IrishIze
on 10/21/07 10:19 pm - NJ
Hi Traci, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I have been logging and tracking my food on and off since my surgery. I tracked last week when I did the 5DPT. Days one and two I didn't get over 500 calories!! Days 3 - 5 I averaged about 900. Traci, what do you eat on an average day? Do you stick mostly to protein? I find I do best when I plan my day's menu in the morning and have a schedule. I really need structure - if left to my own devices I really tend to be a grazer and a picker. I don't attend a regular support group. There is one that I am hoping to attend next month - if family or work life doesn't call me in another direction!! I really enjoy the support I get here - I feel very comfortable and it's small enough that it's very personal. I joined the Living After WLS neighborhood and it's very nice, but it's very large and sometimes hard to keep up with. There is a fantastic amount of information and support there as well. So, today I'm back on Day 1 of the 5DPT. Gonna get myself under control and not lose all that I worked so hard for last week. With my little slip up, I gained a pound - as we all know, it's so easy to gain and so hard to lose those buggers!! But I'll keep on keepin' on - Denise if you start Day 1 today let me know and we'll do it together. Hugs, Nancy
Traci K.
on 10/21/07 11:20 pm - Sullivan, MO
What do I eat: well, even though I consider my protein shakes as supplements, they do contain calories, so of course I do add that into my daily totals. So I consider my morning protein shake as my breakfast most days. Sometimes I'll have half a protein bar about mid-morning, if I start getting hungry. Lunch may be a half a sandwich and some soup, or leftovers from dinner the night before. Supper is often some of whatever I fix for my family - depending on what I fix for them. So it does vary. I usually eat a little of pretty much anything - with a few exceptions. I log everything that I eat - and I do mean everything. I do eat carbs, and I do even eat white carbs (gasp and shock!!) like potatoes, pasta and I can only eat real sugar when I eat any sugar at all, as artificial sweeteners give me migraines; BUT I eat all that at a very minimum and it's not something that I personally crave like I believe some folks do. I can truly eat only one cracker, for example and it not trigger some need to eat a whole box of crackers. I've never had that type of food addiction or issue. So when I sit down to eat, I eat protein first (meat), and usually a veggie of some sort, sometimes a little bit of two veggies (like a tiny bit of potato and spinach, or some salad). I eat everything off of a salad plate, and then never fill the salad plate with food. So my portions are small and in line with what my pouch can truly hold and almost always I leave food on the plate. Although this weekend, my husband baked some salmon steaks. I ate the salmon and some spinach. Boy was it good. I ate all that was on my plate. Waited about an hour, then went back and got some more salmon and could only eat about 3 or 4 bites, of the salmon - but it was very good. Some days, I'm just not hungry and I wait until I am to eat anything. I have to force myself to drink my protein shakes and on days like that I try to munch on a protein bar throughout the day to keep my sugar levels up. Other days I feel I could eat a horse and I just eat. So I guess it balances out - as I've not had any weight gain issues. I was just curious to know how much everyone else is eating at this point to know if I'm in line with everyone else in this area.
jewelcrown
on 10/22/07 12:11 am
Hey Nancy!!! Thanks for your encouragement.... I really need it and appreciate it. This is a daily battle. I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow. I bought ingredients to make the ham and cheese soup from the website. That's my project for tonight. It seems hardy and should help me fight off head hunger. I'm still exercising, so that's one plus. I just hate gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. It could be worse and it could be better! One day at a time, we can do this TOGETHER. I'm glad this board is active again. I've participated in other boards, but like the intimacy of this one. This is a lifelong battle. So glad I've got my the July babies in the trenches with me! Have a great day!!! Denise
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/22/07 2:34 am - Oxnard, CA
Good morning! Well I had a great weekend. I don't think I over did on anything even though I went to a birthday party Friday evening. I had my first dress fitting and my dress fit perfectly. But I still am trying to lose some before the big day. To answer the questions. I do not log my food. I should, but just don't. As far as support groups, this is it for me. I originally had my surgery in Missouri and all the other support groups out this way are doctor specific. Well have a great day!!
jewelcrown
on 10/24/07 2:33 am
Hey Michelle! You look marvelous darling... congrats on you upcoming event and your WLS success... You look fantastic! Hugs! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views