I failed miserably!!!

jewelcrown
on 10/21/07 1:15 am
I did horrible on Day 1 of the pouch test. I fell completely off the wagon. I binged like nobody's business. You name it... I had it... Mentally, I think I just want to fail. I know I've got to get it in gear. I need to be better pepared. I tried doing just protein drinks and crystal light and the head hunger got the best of me. I will try again. I need to get better prepared though with the soups etc. Thanks for listening to me whine. I've lost a battle, but not the war. Love you guys! ME
Traci K.
on 10/21/07 4:12 am - Sullivan, MO
That's okay Denise. Now you know you need to be better prepared for the battle. You need to make up some big batches of those soups. Have those already made, ready and on hand BEFORE you start the 5 day pouch test. This will help you through it. You don't want to be feeling like you're gonna die from hunger and then having to stand there makin' a pot of soup!!! No-no!! Have it already made ahead of time. Do you work outside of the home Denise? If so, being at the office, where you don't have free access to the kitchen, may make it easier to do this. Just take some of the soup for your lunch at work, and drink the protein shakes and such for your break time or if you can have drinks at your desk or whatever. Keeping yourself (and your mind) otherwise occupied will make this easier.
jewelcrown
on 10/21/07 7:07 am
Hey thanks Tracy! I think your right. Doing this on workday may be better. I thought I could do the liquid days on the weekend. WRONG! I'm going to try again on Tuesday. I do work outside the home. Actually I've got a really flexible work. I can work from home or in the office. There's too much going on today and Monday. I'm headed to the store tonight to buy fixin's for soup. Thanks for your support. It really means a lot to me! Hope you're having a grand weekend... Denise
IrishIze
on 10/21/07 10:57 am - NJ
Hey there Denise. The good thing is that tomorrow is another day. You're not alone, and as long as you're aware and you're trying, it will happen. I've been doing very well, but tonight the family gathered for pizza at my dad's house. I had 1 slice and a couple of shrimp. Then they brought out the Oreo dessert pizza, and yes I had two pieces! Well, I'm disappointed in myself, but this is not about perfection. It's about hope and determination. So, tomorrow I'm going to do the Day 1 again to help me get back on track. So, even though I messed up, I get another chance. There's no time limit to me reaching my goal weight. As long as I'm not gaining lots of weight; as long as I'm not giving up, I'm doing fine. I'm not a big fan of cooking, so for the soup on the diet, I made FF Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and instead of mixing it with a can of water, I used a can of FF Carb Countdown. Really bumped up the protein and boy, that sure tasted good!! Hang in there Denise. You're not alone - we can do this together! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views