On Track - Tuesday, 10/16/07

IrishIze
on 10/15/07 10:06 pm - NJ
Well I made it through my first day of the 5 Day PouchTest. There were moments that I really wanted to eat something solid, I was craving whole grain pretzels, but I resisted. I logged what I ate onto fitday, and I only had 388 calories, 26 carbs and 51 protein. Certainly not a lot, and nothing I would want to do long term, but there's just so much liquid you can have! I also drank two bottles of water, again, not a lot, but I was running to the bathroom so much I could hardly work - I had meetings and I was in and out so much it was almost disruptive. I know this only really happens the first day or two that you start back on water, so I'm going to continue to push the water in. I started this morning with a protein shake, and figure I'll continue drinking them and having my SF FF pudding with Carb Countdown again today. I'm going to start early on my soft protein - I have tap class tonight and we always go out to eat afterwards. I'm planning on an omelet. I walked on the treadmill yesterday for 40 minutes - did almost 3 miles, and I'll do that again this morning. I hope we get some more people joining us Traci. If not, I'm going to continue on - even if I have to do it alone!! I'll check in again later. Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 10/15/07 11:49 pm
Hi Nancy! Sorry for being ate in joining the party. I've been working almost around the clock, which means, I'm eating around the clock... Dang it!! I'd love to join you on the Time Out Plan. This workload should die down by week's end and I'll try it. I've read from other boards that it actually works. In the meantime, I'll start using fitday and post. I'm so glad the gangs back and the board is hopping again. I've missed you guys! SMOOCHES!! ME
IrishIze
on 10/16/07 1:22 am - NJ
Hi Denise - so glad you checked in. The 5 Day Pouch Test (from here on in referred to the 5dpt ) was a little scary to start, but you know, I got through day one pretty well. I did have my moments that I craved carbs - mostly pretzels - but I made it through. I'm doing OK today too. I've had 1.5 protein shakes, and I plan on having Eggbeaters after tap class tonight. I'll also have some FF SF Carb Countdown pudding later on. Then tomorrow I can have as much as I want of soft proteins: eggs, soft or canned fish, cottage cheese, BUT, I have to eat within 15 minutes and no liquids 30 minutes before or after. (Sorry if I'm boring you all with the details of this plan, but it helps me to remember what I'm supposed to be doing. ) Hang in there with the work Denise!!! N.
Traci K.
on 10/16/07 12:17 am - Sullivan, MO
Morning everyone! Great job Nancy on the 5 Day Pouch Test. I've not actually done it myself yet. It looks like a great way to get back on track though. Hi Denise. I woke up with a migraine today, so I'm moving slow. I have a lot to do and am pacing myself to get it all done. Have a great day everyone. Traci
IrishIze
on 10/16/07 1:25 am - NJ
Hi Traci, Just a big thank you for mentioning the 5DPT. It's really given me hope of turning myself around!! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Nancy
Traci K.
on 10/16/07 3:47 am - Sullivan, MO
back at ya! I'm glad the 5DPT has worked for you!!! You can make your goal Nancy - I know you can. ( does this pink jumpy thing count as my aerobics for the day ? )
Monna W.
on 10/16/07 1:11 pm - Susanville, CA
I need to work on this because I'd really like to lose another 10-15 lbs before my plastic surgery in January. My problem is that I have not found any protein drinks that are not based primarily on whey protein without being very high in carbs. I have become so sensitive to dairy that one bite with of a burrito with just a little cheese gave me diarrhea for 2 days. I will keep searching on line. I had though Unjury would be the answer, but is based on whey. I'll just have to work hard. Monna
Traci K.
on 10/16/07 9:18 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hi Monna Is it because it's whey based that it's the problem - or is it the carbs that's the problem? Have you tried Champion Pure Whey Stack? It's my favorite and it's low in carbs. For example, their chocolate only has 4g of carbs and 2 of that is sugars and 1.5 g is fiber. But of course, Whey Stack, is whey based and so if whey is the cause - that won't work. I've not done any research on protein sources that aren't whey based. Are there any Monna? What have you found? I'll do some searching to see what I can come up with. Traci
Monna W.
on 10/17/07 9:53 am - Susanville, CA
Traci, So glad you don't have MS. Sorry about the nutritional deficits. Those are hard. At first I thought it was just lactose, but I used one of the whey based powders I have and got diarrhea. Happens everytime I have whey. On a vegan website I found a couple of soy-based protein powders and bars, but they are very high in carbohydrates. I do all right with the carbs, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the pouch challenge if my protein drink has 30 and more grams of carbs in each serving. I will continue to search. I could start on day three or modify the first two days. Oh well, I will work on it. Seem to be doing okay--losing a couple of pounds every other week or so. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views