On Track Monday 10/15/07

Traci K.
on 10/14/07 8:56 pm - Sullivan, MO
Morning everyone [ pep talk begins now ] Okay - so today we're going to commit to staying on track with our eating, taking ALL of our supplements (whi*****ludes our protein), drinking our water and exercising. We had WLS for our health - and that means we need to continue to work the tool, and make the right choices to stay on the right track. We did not rearrange our insides to go back to old eating habits and regain the weight to end up back where we were, and then have nutrient deficiencies on top of that!! No sir we did not! Sooooo, with that said, if the scale has been going up for you, then it's time to re-evaluate what you've been doing. Your eating, your supplements (remember, this includes your protein, and I don't mean from food - I mean protein shakes), your exercise and your water. Only you know where you could make improvements. 1. Start logging your food. Use fitday.com to log your food. 2. 5 Day Pouch Test: Try this to help break any carb habits that have crept back in, retrain your pouch. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html 3. Exercise: just do it. Walking, aerobics - whatever form you like and can do. Just do it. 4. Water: drink it. At least 8 glasses per day. Okay folks - lets check in daily if at all possible. Just to encourage each other. The only way we know we're all "here" is if we post. We can't all just read. Traci Lap RNY 7/27/04 250/149 http://wls4health.com
IrishIze
on 10/15/07 12:00 am - NJ
Thanks for posting this Traci! I really need to get back on the ball and get out of my very bad habits. I'm going to try to do the 5 Day pouch test starting today. It's going to be hard, but I'm going into it knowing it will be hard. I do like the fact that you can have broth or cream soup and SF jello and pudding the first two days, so I think I can hang in there. I'm going down to the gym at work to go on the treadmill - at least 30 minutes, then I can start my water in earnest. I'll check back in later - going to use the board to get through the rough spots! Hugs, Nancy
Traci K.
on 10/15/07 2:17 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi Nancy! Where is everyone else today?! I also wanted to post this resource for calculating nutritional information for recipes: http://www.nutritiondata.com/ It's free and online. I use Cooking Light software to calculate nutritional information. There's also MasterCook, as well as, other software, but the above link is free and online - so you can calculate the nutritional information from any recipe you may make at home and then add that as a custom food into fitday.com.
IrishIze
on 10/15/07 4:20 am - NJ
I don't know where everyone else is!!! Hey, I thought the troops were going to gather here today, right????? I'm really trying to stick to the liquids today, but I'm getting SO HUNGRY right now. I've had an EAS AdvantEdge protein drink and added some Isopure protein powder to my water (not very yummy). I plan on drinking one or two more of the AdvantEdge drinks, and making some SF FF Jello pudding with FF Carb Countdown milk. Other than that, I don't really know what to have. Any how, I'm going to keep plugging away and I'm logging my food into fitday. Another place to check for nutritional values is http://www.calorieking.com .
Traci K.
on 10/15/07 5:00 am - Sullivan, MO
Not sure where everyone ran off to. Guess we scared them off Nancy! Are you doing the 5 Day Pouch Rules thing Nancy? If so, here's the link to recipes for days 1 & 2 liquids: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/recipes/recipes.html There's some soups on there that would be more filling for you than just pudding and protein drinks. Check it out. Then there's always broth (for something warm). Have you tried Unjury's new Chicken Broth protein powder? I have a sample, but haven't actually tried it yet. Just wondering if anyone has, and how you liked it. It's meant to be drank warm - so different than most protein drinks. On the Calorie King site, will it let you calculate the nutritional value of a recipe? Or does it just provide you with nutritional information for specific foods in their database? I've never used it, so I don't know. Just checking on that. It's a good resource either way.
IrishIze
on 10/15/07 5:58 am - NJ
Calorieking just gives you the nutritional info. The site you mentioned is much better. Yes, I started the 5 Day Pouch rules thing, but I think it's too late to make soup from scratch. I wish I had the unjury chicken soup. I can have broth, but can you believe there's no protein in it????? I was thinking I would get some FF Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and mix it with FF Carb Countdown - a cup of that has 12g of protein - better than nothing. I'll let you know how I do - hope I can make it through the rest of the evening without messing up....
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views