IMPORTANT IRON REMINDER

scholarmama
on 10/14/07 12:30 am - Hemet, CA
Hey all... I just want to remind you all to make sure that you are getting your blood checked on a regular basis and be on your doctor for things to correct abnormalities in your blood... I don't want you to end up like me last week!!! Tuesday night I began having chest pains... and I of course blew them off because I knew it was due to my severe anemia... well they continued and according to others I looked real bad when I showed up for work... (they sent me home)... I eventually called my doctor when the pain didn't stop and was rushed to the emergency room... and ended up staying in the hospital till late Friday night... I needed a blood transfusion (4 units) and ended up having a surgical procedure to correct my menstral cycles. It was bad guys and I want to prevent anyone else from having to go through it. Take your iron, (now I did but had other problems that exasperated it) get your blood checked, and dont blow off any kind of pain. I am on my way to recovery hoping that the surgical procedure worked so I don't have to have a more evasive surgery in the next couple of months. But please please please make sure you are taking all your supplements!!!!
Traci K.
on 10/14/07 4:44 am - Sullivan, MO
Goodness girl - I'm so sorry!! I'll be praying this one surgery did the trick for you. YES, please take your vitamins. I was getting ready to post my own momma type reminder on supplements based on my own situation.
IrishIze
on 10/14/07 9:26 am - NJ
Yikes, Loni, that's scary! About a year ago I was having heart palpitations every time I walked or did the least strenuous thing. I had my blood work done and my iron was VERY low. I've been taking supplements ever since and I feel so much better. Hope things improve really quickly for you and thanks for the reminder!!! Let us know how you're doing.... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views