DS surgery and my PS consult

Monna W.
on 10/10/07 11:50 am - Susanville, CA
Went with my son to Reno last night for an informational seminar at Western Bariatric. He's been to the one in Redding, but they didn't really seem interested in doing his surgery. He was very impressed last night. I am paying for his WLS with part of my phen-fen settlement and Reno is about $8000 cheaper. He's hoping for a date in 6 weeks to 2 months. He has no co-morbidities (yet) just BMI of 55. He's really excited. Had my first plastic surgery consult today (another scheduled next week). I was wanting a lower body lift, but the surgeon said that with all my medical problems he would only do an abdominoplasty and the we will see about other plastic surgery. I have a huge ventral hernia so part of the surgery will be paid for by my insurance. I really liked this guy and it is less expensive than I expected. I'll see how the next consult goes. I do have to be cleared by my cardiologist, pulmonologist, and see a nephrologist. Monna
IrishIze
on 10/10/07 11:10 pm - NJ
Cool on both accounts, Monna! Wow, it's so nice of you to pay for your son's surgery - I know it's because you realize what a life saver (both physically and emotionally) the surgery is. You're a good mommy!!! I'm working on getting down to 169 lbs so I can start dipping my toe into the PS market (that's the deal I made with myself). I'm really interested in how the process will work, so please let us know how you're progressing. Hugs, Nancy
Monna W.
on 10/11/07 9:08 am - Susanville, CA
I just talked to the nurse of my pulmonologist. He was dead set against my original surgery. I asked her how opposed to plastic surgery was he going to be. She said, no more than against the original. I told her that I made a deal with the plastic surgeon that if things went south during surgery and I died, he was to finish the surgery so I could have a flat stomach at my funeral. She said that with that attitude, the pulmonologist had to approve it. We will see. Monna
Traci K.
on 10/13/07 11:39 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hi Monna Exciting news all around for you! Why weren't they interested in doing your son's surgery? He certainly qualified with a BMI of 55. I sure hope you can find a PS who is willing to do your surgery and KEEP YOU ALIVE so we can still "see" your smiling face and your FLAT TUMMY someplace besides your funeral! Keep us updated on the progress on that. When are you expecting your settlement money so you can get all these things done? Traci
Monna W.
on 10/14/07 7:58 am - Susanville, CA
Traci, Who knows why they were giving him the run around. Every time he called they gave him a different answer. But Western Bariatric in Reno has been very consistent and encouraging. I have my phen-fen settlement in the bank. I did not make any plans until I actually had the money. The lawsuit drug on for over 5 years. But something good will come from it. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views