where is everyone?????

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/07 11:07 pm - Somewhere Else
Thanks! W is doing great. I can't get over the change in him. He was about this weight when we met, but it's funny....it's so different now than then. Heck, I have less of a life now. So I have time to come around. Not sure why I haven't been on more...then again, when I would pop in, there wouldn't be any action at all on the board. Just a few more weeks and I'll be in surgery again, so I may have time after that to pop in more too, if I'm able to sit at the computer for a bit LOL,....or if I'm not sleeping on the recliner!
Deejay
on 9/22/07 5:50 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Stacy! this is the first time I've checked this board in a long time. The last couple times I bothered to post a big long update I got one reply so I stopped even coming here. I'm happy to hear your doing so well. I'm doing fine, still maintaining at 145 and almost 2 years post plastics. Couldn't be happier, nothing new. Hope everyone is well! Take care, Deejay
us2bfat C.
on 9/22/07 11:58 am - selden, NY
would love to see pics
IrishIze
on 9/22/07 12:51 pm - NJ
Hi Hi Hi to all of my favorite people!! I have to admit that I've checked in a few times, but didn't bother to post....naughty me! Stacy, I'm so happy to hear you're doing well and hanging in there. How are you feeling after the treatment you had? Irene, you look great!! Do you still go to support meetings? I could really use them. I'm doing OK, but just OK. I'm about 183 lbs. and I'm starting to feel like I can and do eat anything. One good thing is that I exercise every day. I walk/jog at least 3 miles each day and feel stronger than I have in years. I also take tap dancing lessons which helps too. I would like to lose 10 lbs, but just can't seem to do it. Any and all suggestions and support welcome!!! Linda, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, and Wilem looks fantastic! I bet he feels so much better now too. Deejay - wow! a blast from the past. I have to apologize that I didn't respond to your post. I did read it and it was one of those days that I popped on and popped off. No excuse though - I'm sorry. I'm happy for you that things are going so well. How about some pics?? I wish I could get a tummy tuck. I think I look pretty good, but I still look like I'm pregnant....got all that saggy tummy skin. Well, I can't afford it, so I guess it won't happen and I better get used to it.... Love you all, and I promise to come back much more often. I'm going to start back seriously to lose the 10 lbs. on Monday, so I'll let anyone who's here know how I'm doing. Hugs, Nancy
us2bfat C.
on 9/22/07 7:21 pm - selden, NY
nanc you look great glad to hear from you..... the treatment ended in march and i feel much better not 100 percent yet but im getting there..... the good news is that i put back on much needed weight that i dropped and now im back to my origianal goal give or take a few lbs.......as for a jump start im not sure how to get those lbs off i know they come on quick and take a lifetime to get off...... maybe do liquids for a while ..... or maybe go back to the week after surgery and those foods we were alloewd to eat.....either way your doing great with the excersise perhaps your gaining mucsle....if i keep up at this job there is no way ill gain.....im constantly moving and groving even when i feel i cant anymore!!!! anyway keep in touch.... and feel good...... as for the tummy tuck keep going to the doctor and have him document rashes from the skin then you will have a good chance of insurance covering it ......good luck and god bless and dont be a strange Love Stacyr
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/07 1:34 pm - Somewhere Else
Nancy!!!! So good to see you! errrr...well see your words and funky avatar LOL. Things are doing alright up here, yup...getting the treatment I needed (wondering if it'll help LOL) and trying to keep busy. Willem is doing amazingly well. He's down 150 Lbs and still shrinking. He'd be losing faster if he wasn't such a brat LOL...but hey, what can I say, so was I (I just waited longer LOL) We have new hobbies, since he has formed an addiction to horses...and we've been on the road more, trying to enjoy some of life (plus my psychoogist recommends my being away from home as much as possible) He's also been traveling a lot for work this month (he's in Bogota, Columbia this week)...in preparation for my plastics in 2 weeks. You want to lose 10 pounds? I don't know of an easy way, but the typical up the protein and water does help. Sometimes changing up your exercise routine might help too. You know, maybe you'll be lucky. I never thought I'd get my plastics, I had given up even dreaming of it. But someone surprised me and managed to hide some $....and that was the announcement at my b-day this past....he's giving me my plastics. I hope that a windfall of some sort comes your way You just never know what can happen. Big hugssssss
Irene S.
on 9/27/07 2:10 am - NJ
Hi Nancy and JULY BABIES, Great to see you here and some action on this board! I still attend support group meetings and co-facilitate the Lighter for Life support group meeting at the office in Paramus. I'd love for you to attend a meeting. Our support group meetings are free and open to everyone - regardless of surgery type, hospital program or surgeon. Let me know if you'd like more information. Oh gosh - the saggy skin... I've got my share of it! I have no rashes or hernias etc which would help with the costs... So I'm in the same boat. In addition, I need to carefully schedule around the office needs here. I know that it'll be "someday". If your skin bothers you as much as mine does me... I'd only offer this as unsolicited advice: Don't give up the dream! Go for consultations! Find out if there's any kind of payment plan options. I'm all for the acceptance if that's what works for someone. But I know that I CAN'T accept it for me... And as has been said - it might just happen - usually when you least expect it, too. I don't really have any advice about losing 10 lbs. The reality is that the less you weigh the less you can eat OR deviate from your diet... Sometimes it's just too darn "austere" to realistically live a satisfying life... without feeling like your best friend is named "Deprivation" or exercise like a maniac.... Did anyone read the OH article that Exercise (they mean aerobic) is NOT good for weight loss? The premise is that MUSCLE is what will help with weight loss. No sweat! Lastly - Has anyone been in contact with Pamela? All of her posts have disappeared from the board which makes me think that she unsubbed and removed her profile. I hope not. I can't imagine this board without her. Be well! Irene
IrishIze
on 10/1/07 1:48 am - NJ
Irene - I would LOVE to go to a support meeting. I work in Montvale, so Paramus is just a hop away. Please let me know the particulars. Yeah, it's hard for me to accept the saggy skin. At some point I'm going to have to figure out some way to get rid of it. I don't have any rashes either, but I do think the heavy skin on breasts and belly do contribute to back and shoulder pain. My problem is that I tough it out and don't run to the doctor all the time so there is not a lot of documentation. Hoping to hear from you soon! Nancy
Irene S.
on 10/4/07 6:49 am - NJ
Hi Nancy! I'm sorry to post this message on this board since it won't apply to the majority reading... but I don't have a private email address for you. The next support group meeting is this coming Monday, October 8th. I hope you'll be able to come - if not this Monday, then perhaps a future meeting. They are held on the second Monday of each month. Here is the notice for this month - which I usually post on the NJ board: ************************************************************* Please join us for the Lighter for Life support group meeting on Monday, October 8th from 7 to 8:30 PM. Meetings are held at the Lighter for Life office in Paramus, NJ. All weight loss surgery patients are welcome - both pre-op and post-op regardless of type of procedure, surgeon or hospital program. This month's meeting will consist of an open discussion. We look forward to hearing about your experiences. Afterwards, please join us for the "meeting after the meeting" at the Suburban Diner. Date: Monday, October 8th, 2007 Time: 7:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M. Location: Paramus Plaza I 140 Route 17 North Suite 102 Paramus, NJ 07652 (201) 523-6185 Directions and local map of the area available at -http://www.lighterforlife.com/html/contact.html#locate Hope to see you Monday! Irene
IrishIze
on 10/7/07 8:09 am - NJ
Thanks Irene. I doubt I'll be able to make it tomorrow night - I've got a meeting in my community I've been planning to attend, but maybe I'll blow that off for this meeting. If not, I'll plan on it next month. Thanks for the info!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views